Me: In AJ's car holding pillow having another contraction.
AJ:Messing with folding sun visors 100 times, wacking us both and saying "I think these things are broken what's going on......"
Me: Just throw them in the back seat!Don't make me laugh right now!
Get to L/D and I was at a 4/5 and 90%.So I guess we're staying.My next question for the nurse-Can we get that epidural ordered on the fly??I know how these things can take a while.... with Gavin I was at a 4 when I got my epidural and man life was good after that.This time, not so lucky.
Got taken up to delivery room.Still feeling weird I'm even there...I knew AJ was starving so I told him now would be a good time to go get food.He walks out and 2 minutes later, my water breaks (5:15ish).He comes back with his food and I say gosh these contractions really suck now...and He says gosh darnit after all that I walked off without a stupid fork.... Because I was one of those that tested positive for the group B thing, they had to take my blood and test it 'real quick' as the nurse put it, before they could order the dang epidural.So while wanting to die with the contractions 2 minutes apart the nurse is poking and prodding with her dumb needle she can't get in my bulging steroid-like veins....then makes a bloody mess on me.But it's ok, I had one comin for her eheheh.....
Contractions getting so close I didn't even have time to recover from the previous one.Definitely wanting to die at this point.Nicely reminding nurse I'm still waiting for that dang epidural.Aj then asks the nurses in there "I know it's a bad time but is there a chance any of you have a fork out there at your nurses station?".Unfortunately I don't have the breath to laugh but I was very entertained.I'm texting during all of this until AJ took my phone away......
Then lo and behold, who walks in the door, the epidural guy. They have me sit up and lean forward-a position NOT helping right now.Takes his time.Sticks the needle in my back and tells me to lay down so he can start the epidural and then I decide it's pushing time.A couple pushes later Cohen was here :) Some of the stuff must have gotten to me because by the time everything was out and done the Dr asked me to lift up my butt and I'm like um, can't feel it.But it wore off really quick which was nice.Now I have the stupid horrible back pains that come from the epidural that did me NO good.Nice. Recovery has been pretty easy, no stitches, just some lower back pain and some cramps.
Little Cohen was 7lbs 6oz and 21 in long.2 lbs lighter than Gavin, I actually get a newborn this time! We had to buy newborn diapers and some newborn clothes, we weren't prepared for a little guy.But he's healthy and I'm totally attached to him.It took me a little longer for that attachment with Gavin....Cohen looks a lot like AJ and sleeps a lot and barely cries.We are doing great.Gavin is kinda having a rough time adjusting but we've been trying to give him extra love and let him help. I will upload more pics as I get them.Thank you everyone for the well wishes, texts, calls, etc!Can't believe I have kidS now!



12 comments:
Wow, that is quite the story! I laughed when you said you had been texting during most of it! And hello, Wonder Woman, way to go natural! I can't believe how fast Cohen came! You look good in your pics, as always, and Cohen is just so sweet and tiny. He's way smaller than Gavin was! Lucky you, you actually get to have a newborn, maybe one day I will too! Such a cute family!! Boys are the best! (Did AJ ever get a fork?)
Yikes, what a delivery! Sounds like you had a great sense of humor through it all. He is adorable! Congrats to you all!
He is so precious, congratulations. Wow, 2 kids. Loved your description of the labor and delivery, laughed alot. Take care.
And btw Erin, yes he did get his fork but did he get to eat it?No.After he took one bite then got in my face and was telling me to breath I had to make him stop.Im so selfish.
Congratulations girl! He was a little one and such a cutie. can't wait to see him
Way to go natural!! Congrats on baby Cohen!What a sweet little guy! I can't decide who he looks like yet, but I'm sure in a few weeks it will be more apparent. You look wonderful and I'm so glad that things went well. Loved reading the whole story! Good luck with two little boys!! You are awesome!
Congrats, he is so cute! It's amazing how fast your labor went, geez! I wish mine went that quick! I hope that you are all doing well.
You are amazing!!! Congratulations! You look GREAT!
So I have AJ to blame for not getting to text you during labor...see should have gone with that webcam idea!! :) Thanks for the story, you make me laugh. Congrats to you and AJ & Welcome Baby Cohen
Yea for your family! I am glad everything went well. I can't wait to see more pic's of that little guy. I don't know how you did it natural......what a WOMAN!
it's great to have a sense of humor during labor. you did great and both you and little Cohen look wonderful!! congratulations!
Congrats, Kristy!
Post a Comment