Monday, July 27, 2009

Just me and the boys

The transition has been going better than I thought. Probably because Cohen is so much lower maintenance than Gavin was. And because newborns don't do much.I'm sure as Cohen gets older and more mobile things will get trickier. Gavin's gotten a lot better as far as behavior and is really good to Cohen, he's always concerned about how he's doing when he's crying. Gavin's been nicer to us too.AJ has been so great to take Gavin wherever he goes, they're buds now.

We learned this week that there's a really pretty lake a few miles up the road from us, who woulda thought?
Gavin and daddy got to take their first fishing trip together. Gavin had to hang out on daddy's shoulders so he wouldn't throw the entire pole into the lake.Or the bucket of worms.
I hung out in the car with Cohen who I fed, then he was obviously pretty content.
Against mine and everyone elses will I've had to start supplementing a bottle here and there.I'm just not making enough for him.Literally I pumped for like 10 minutes and got an ounce, combined, even after him being attached to me all day and night the last few weeks.I want to feed him all I can on my own, especially because of the price of formula, but if he's not getting enough then he's fussing for boob 24-7 and just constantly hungry.Whereas when we give him a full bottle, pumped or formula, he's so much more content and sleeps better. We already got the hospital bill that is being sent to insurance, only $8,500!Thank heavens for insurance.


This coming Sunday is Cohen's blessing, everyone in the area is invited bright and early at 9am :) Jill officially gets here this week!She got an apartment in our same building.Ahhh to have some of my own blood in the midwest!


Other than that we are doing well, I'm feeling great, minus the lack of sleep, but I usually get to make up for it with naps during the day.I've been trying to get out when I can, I'm not one to be able to sit around too long :)

10 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

i love that pic of cohen all stretched out and full after eating!

your family is so cute!

Samye said...

Glad to see that you are alive and doing well!! Cohen is precious, and I am excited to see more pictures!

Rebekah said...

We'll be at the baby blessing! I am glad that things are getting easier for you.

Erin S said...

Cohen is just so sweet! Love the pic of Gavin on AJ's shoulders! We were in Park City for a few days this weekend, I thought of you. Next year we will have to plan it to be there at the same time, it would be so fun to see you again!

Karrie said...

you have two very cute boys! congrats again cute mommy.

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

So glad to hear that everything is going great for you now. Cohen is such a cutie!!! Congrats again!

The Walker clan said...

Isn't it amazing how much easier it is with the second... or maybe it's just that you know what to do. I'm glad things are working out. I miss you! I hope you call me when your in town next!

Danielle said...

handsome boys! Glad you're surviving. oh and seriously, i have not stopped giggling over the double gate/poop smearing comment-totally can picture it! lol.

keli b said...

cute pics. I had to give Tae a bottle after I fed him the day I brought him home from the hospital so I totally know how you feel. I dried up at 2 months. I must not have a good milk gene!!

knjfabela said...

Just thinking about you and the boys! Hope everything is going well.