Sunday, August 30, 2009

Some people are just so funny....

So yesterday we are sitting in our living room when out of the corner of our eyes we see something hanging down on our little patio area thing (we are in a bottom floor apt) and AJ goes 'what the heck?' We realize it's a fishing lure (sp??) slowly going down towards the ground.Then we see a small bunjee cable/cord on the ground and realize someone dropped it and was now fishing for it.Literally. Aj ran to get something funny to hook on it but the guy caught the bunjee cord and then he reeled it up too fast.Aj sticks his head out the side of the patio and looks up to see a guy on the 4th floor with a fishing pole.He said 'I would have gotten that for you!' And the guy said 'I was wondering if anyone was watchin....' I got a good laugh out of it.

(Yes I need a double stroller, that baby carrier thing kills my back..)I had a few more pictures to post but our dang internet won't stay connected long enough to upload them. Our apartment brags about their free internet and free cable.....we are getting what we paid for.... I will post them later, nothing super exciting, just proof we are alive. I haven't posted anything lately because my life is boring and I've also been trying to keep my time on the computer/tv as short as possible.You'd be amazed how much one can get done in a week when they aren't infront of those things.....who woulda thought...
Um lets see we've been to great grandmas, went to Branson yesterday, my sister bleached my hair and put extensions in it(getting used to them, but it is nice having long hair again :) even if I do sweat like a big furry mammoth when I workout), Cohen is still being a super good baby, Gavin is still being a super.....super toddler. I dusted off my sewing machine!And gosh I'm excited about the stuff I'm making.You'll just have to see when I finish and post pics.I do find it odd that I'm sitting here at the computer, the end of august, in the midwest, with the windows open, I have pj PANTS on and I'm thinking I need some socks because it's too cool outside??What the heck?Supposed to be like this all week.AJ got his ratings recently and he more than tripled what the morning show was rated before he took it over.I'm so proud :) That's it for now, baby is callin for me :)

6 comments:

The Wilkins Family said...

Haha that story is hilarious! It's so much easier to use a fishing pole to get something rather than walk downstairs and back again. Congrats AJ on the ratings and Kristi you make me sick that you have time to sew already...I was mia for like, well I still am.

thepainterfamily said...

The fishing pole story cracks me up! Congrats to AJ on his ratings...that is just awesome! The people of Missouri love ya! We're nice people huh!?

Yeah, this summer has been CRAZY cool. I think it is my reward for surviving the houston heat this past year! :) Makes me wonder what winter will look like!

I love your hair! I need to see a bigger pic!

Rebekah said...

Congratulations AJ! We have been having prety great weather here too... I love fall weather, I hope it stays this way! I love the fishing story.

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

That is just such a funny story! I can't believe it! Love the hair! I can't wait to see more pics of it. I can't wait to see updated pics of Cohen and Gavin. They are such cuties! Congrats to AJ that is awesome! Hope all is going well...BTW Word of advice with the whole double stroller thing get a Sit N Stand they are so much better than a regular double stroller...trust me! Miss ya!

Samye said...

Yeah for updates! I am glad to hear that you are doing well, and I noticed the hair and think it looks GREAT!

Erin S said...

I like the long blonde hair! I can't wait until mine grows out again. That's awesome about AJ's ratings!