Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Changes.....

Lots of changes going on around here, mostly dealing with Gavin. Lets back up to about 2 weeks ago:

Gavin woke up and decided he wanted to be a problem child. In a matter of 1.5 minutes he had gotten into the fridge, dumped out the leftover soup, broken eggs all over the shelves and under the fridge and smeared it across the kitchen. That's all fine, I can handle that but a few hours later he climbs up on the counter, gets into some prescriptions, manages to OPEN a CHILDPROOF bottle and EAT one.Luckily they don't make adult pills taste like candy because the lethal dose for this particular pill is 4 for a toddler. I was on the phone frantically with poison control, trying to count the pills all over the counter and in the sink, subtracting how many I think had been taken, etc. Luckily he was ok. Then that night he decides he is anti-staying in his crib. He'd climb in and out so we just gave in and put the whole front side down to help.Then he'd get up all hours of the night and flip on his light and play.So night #2 we cut the power to his room, gated it off and called it good.He also was having horrible naps, if any because of this crib 'game' he'd play. Also on a dime he decided he would hit and throw and pull hair, all things he had NEVER ever done. I was beside myself, who was this little boy?I had 2 big meltdowns in a week, just sobbing on the couch because I couldn't control his demon like behavior let alone with another one on the way. Then with much heartfelt prayer things turned around. Gavin began having better days, the tantrums subsided, and he likes feeling like a big boy now and getting into bed on his own.We even found a time-out method that works for him, even though we have to physically restrain him most times, it works.What a relief. So the next step-taking his crib down. It took him a little while to get used to the dinky plastic toddler bed we got him, we had a few nights we found him like this:

But now he naps great and goes to bed great in his big boy bed. We put power back in his room but AJ took out the lightbulbs :) Gavin has also gone through the carwash for the first time without crying this last week. He made some serious faces, but no crying!
The past few days have been BEAUTIFUL. And we've been getting random days hitting the 70's, then some going to 30's etc, but ALL I've been wanting to do is go on a bike ride, oh my gosh how I miss being able to walk out the front door and ride everyday like I did last summer.So yesterday AJ gave in, being woken up from his nap early, and helped me pack up and go. It couldn't have been nicer outside. It felt so good, even though today I literally feel like I'm dialated to a 15, my other muscles aren't sore.Gavin did SO good the whole time.I'm glad he's back to himself again :)
We went to the park today for a few hours but right as we were getting ready to go Gavin decided to get into the super thick baby butt cream and lather himself in it, as well as the counter. Both the counter and his hair look like they've just been waxed.I guess a few things WON'T change....
As of today I'm just shy of 6 months and feeling great. Tossing and turning from stupid hip pain but other than that no probs. I'm just as ancy to have this baby as I was with Gavin.Time just goes by a little quicker this time around. I had a brainless baby 'moment' while we were headed on our bike ride, this is one of many recently. You may find it funny, maybe it's just me, but it seemed particularly busy yesterday with cute skinny girls running, just what a pregnant girl needs to look at while she rides her bike! And as AJ is unloading the bikes I'm watching this guy at the end of the trail with his little clipboard, and he'd say something to each of them as the ran past and they seemed to kinda talk/kinda brush him off.And I turn to Aj and I'm like what the heck, one of those 'survey' people are lame enough to be out here on the trail today asking questions(like the ones at the mall). Aj looks at me and goes "did it occur to you that it might be their track coach?". Ohh, no. :) Lo and behold, it was a track coach and his team :)

You guys been keeping up on DWTS and Idol? I'm kinda bored with idol, even though the talent is awesome. Well, I guess the 3 or 4 that I even care for.Dancing with the stars I will only watch for melissa to dance then turn it off or leave the room.Shaun is pretty dang cute though, her and her little mouse face.Maybe now that I don't have Tivo it's just not fun anymore. I've been watching biggest loser a week behind (because nbc.com is LAME at updating the episodes), but I do love that show, it's a great one to treadmill to :)

Last Friday Gavin and I went in the studio with AJ for fun and to do fit friday(I have pics on aj's work camera, have yet to see them). It was a lot easier than doing it from home.Gavin wasn't shy of the mic at all and wanted headphones on just like daddy. Infact he got so comfy in the studio he went in the corner and did a big poop and we got a wiff of it right as we were talking on the air. Luckily I changed it right before a guest came into the studio for the show.I had to apologize for it smelling like poop and lysol.We might just do it again this week, AJ had one if his best shows yet.

That's it for now!Ta-ta!

7 comments:

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

The joys of motherhood. I do have to admit, I did laugh at many of Gavin's little escapades. Mostly because they have happened in my house and I can totally relate.

Look at that cute Mama on her bike! You look so great! I bet those skinny girls running were looking at you and hoping they look that good when they are pregnant!

dixonfamily said...

Wow!! First of all, you are one hot prego mama!! I'm sorry to hear that Gavin hasn't quite been himself, probably those terrible twos and the fact that he knows something crazy is going on with mom's tummy. I think the terrible twos have hit our house too. Good luck with that!! Way to go on the fit friday radio show!! I'm so impressed.

Rebekah said...

So you had a hit of the terrible twos? I'm sorry! At least it didn't last too long. I really need to get out and bike with you... I had a really good day the other day and we went on a hike. I was exhausted at the end... but I was in good spirits!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

too cute. I love the picture of you in your bike gear and your belly. Oh to be that cute pregnant. And SO glad Gavin is doing better, he just had to push his independence a little bit!!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you guys are doing well! Gavin is so big!!! So cute too!
You are so adorable all pregnant! Miss you!

knjfabela said...

Man I hope Kaiya dosen't take lessons from Gavin! I do love how you took pictures to document the happenings. One day you will look back at the butt paste covered face and smile and wish he was like that again! You are looking great!

Tracy said...

Aw, you look so cute with your little pregnant belly riding your bike!