Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time to play catch up

K so here's the quick update from the last 2 weeks. The rest of the Utah pics-

Dixie Reunion.The 3 of us lived together for almost all 2 years down at Dixie.Best times ever.The 3rd roommate finally got married and I got to go to her reception. Love those girls. Random story, while I was waiting in the parking lot for rommie 2 to meet me there, who pulls up and parks infront of me? A member of the 70.Not just any one, Elder Watts and his wife, who my family has known since before I was born from texas,but I haven't seen since I was probably 14, and before that, when I was 5.Small world. (They were at the same convention center for a scouting thing, they live in UT now.Nicest people ever.)
More of my favorite people, the Tibbits and the Owens came over for a big farewell dinner before we left. Gavin ADORES the Tibbits kids.And their 18 yr old daughter is so cute-she even brought a cute little church lesson for Gavin and Kael (Gav's buddy) and I didn't see Gavin all night, just heard him laughing a lot from different parts of the house with the boys.Tell you what, that boy slept GOOD that night :) I'm really gonna miss those families!You too Leslie even though you were on the Florida beaches while we partied!

Gavin had more time with his cousin/buddy Andrew.They play soo cute together, and Gavin has no friends out here that are little boys.....


Flights back to MO were a complete 180 from when we came out. There was ONE seat left one the big Flight from SLC to Dallas, and guess where it was?Next to me.What does that mean?The nice agent blocked that seat so gavin could have it all to himself.Short flight to MO was great too.We got in at 11pm but Gavin did SO good.It was SO nice to finally get home and be 'wife' and 'mom' again. I was completely homesick for AJ and vowed never to travel without him again.


Fast forward to this last friday, Gavins birthday.Can't believe my baby is 2! Aj's mom and grandma came out to celebrate and then stay with gavin over the weekend while we go on a weekend getaway all the way to branson! (an hour away), for our 5yr anniversary. Great grandma brought Gavin a bunch of balloons and he couldn't care about anything else. It's so nice that he is so cheap to entertain....Things I love about him right now:He wants to copy everything daddy does, he kisses owwies all better and says sorry, brings me my shoes-both of them and they match,takes 2 chairs out to the patio and says "come here" then taps the empty chair for me, pats us on the back while we are doing something for him,softly plays with my hair,most of all-says 'miss you' when we talk to him on the phone.Love you Gavin! So 5 years has gone by, it's so crazy to look back at allll the places we have been.Geographically, emotionally, etc... But I can say that I wouldn't change anything for the world. I am more in love with you now sweetheart than I was that day I said 'yes'. I am so proud of this man I get to call my husband. Here's to lots and lots and lots more celebrations to come....
We stayed at a nice big condo in Branson right on the lake, for free (radio can have its perks :) ) and gosh that place would have been SO FUN if it wasn't 19 degrees and snowing most of the weekend! We still enjoyed every minute of it.We really did a whole lot of nothing, ate at good restaurants, shopped a little, and saw the movie "Push" which was pretty good.Not great, but good. Then got to watch all the CSI Miami we wanted (which was followed by me asking him to turn on a light in the living room because I was now too scared of the dark) and slept in until 11.Ahhhh...

Besides the deck pic, here's the only 2 pictures we took this weekend...us at the Throne of Love or something...
It was sooo great to get to come home and hug my little Gavin again.I don't think he missed us one bit, getting spoiled all weekend by grandma AND great grandma.As hard work as it can be to be mom, it's worth every minute.And it sure makes me enjoy 'my' time THAT much more!


As far as pregnancy goes, I seem to have 'bellied out' a little more these last 2 weeks.It's funny because I look a lot different before and after I eat.He moves a LOT.I sit there and hold or watch my belly move all the time and just daydream about the day I finally get to hold him.I'm just starting to get pretty uncomfortable when I sleep.Tossing and turning because my hips hurt from not being able to sleep on my back. Other than that I feel pretty good.I LOVE food.I've been keeping up the workouts, running a lot less (as in hardly at all)but still getting in 2+ miles about everyday.Up 10lbs, right on target.I'm anxious to be done and just meet this little guy already.I'm at 21 weeks, here's to 19 more....
Oh and yes, the blonde is back baby ;) And just starting to grow it out...ughhh....

10 comments:

the mind behind said...

So cute! Love the belly.
I can't believe you have a 2 year old! How crazy!!
Happy 5 year. I can't believe you've been married 5 years!!
Man, we're growing up...

Erin S said...

I'm glad your flight home was better!!! Love it when there's an empty seat! And Happy B-day Gavin!! Wow, he is growing so fast, what a little cutie! And Happy Anniversary to you and AJ as well. Your belly pic is cute! Love the blonde hair as well! CSI Miami is my addiction.......... Oh and I love the name you picked!

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

Looks like fun! Birthdays and getaways are the best.

You are so stinkin' cute pregnant!

The Walker clan said...

What fun times! I'm sorry we couldn't hook up. What a great family you have! Ya you are stinkin cute prego!

Tara said...

Happy birthday Gavin. He is such a cutie. Thanks for keeping the baby bump pics coming. I love the background, very cute. What about the idol update?? You must be busy.

thepainterfamily said...

Yeah! (what a nice flight attendant! Its always such a blessing!)

I love the pic of you guys kissin on Gavin, he is such a cutie!

and you look so cute! love your belly, love your continued excersise regimen!

I gotta admit, I am so so tired lately...noooo energy! :(

keli b said...

Aww go to love the Dixie reunions!! I was in St. George this weekend and it brought back ton of memories. And my old roomies are coming to Vegas next weekend, can't wait. sounds like your trip was fun. and I love the baby bump!! thanks for posting

Lynzi and Sean said...

Aww our picture is cute! I am glad you got one...it was so good to see you. Love the belly pic, you look so cute. I can't believe you have been married 5 years, geez it does not seem that long...time flies, congrats!!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE. And happy very belated b-day to Gavin, what a doll he is! And seriously....how did you get the cute text on your header???? I love it! Tell me your secrets...

Melissa said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing well!! Love the belly pic!
Are you heading our way anytime soon??