So here's the sickness update- Gavin has not had to go to the hospital nor will he! Thursday I went ahead and tried the good 'ol qtip with vaseline trick and it helped! I had never been so excited to change a poopie diaper in my life.But then by the end of the night and a few more qtip swabs later, nothing else happened and his tummy was once again SUPER HARD and bloated. Last night one of our good friends that lives by us came over to help AJ give Gavin a blessing.Gosh am I grateful for the priesthood. I felt so much peace that Gavin would get better without another hospital visit.Nothing is more attractive to me than a man giving his child a blessing.Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and kind words while we stressed through all of this!
Called our pediatricians office today and talked to a nurse.She gave me some things to try and said if they didn't work we should bring him in monday. Gavin finally pooped again tonight so that won't be necessary, I think he's officially getting better!Except for the cough, but I can deal with that.AJ and I feel great too so tonight we went to his favorite Hibachi grill to celebrate his birthday a little late.YUUM. Gavin didn't want anything to do with the food but he did enjoy throwing the chopsticks at the people across from us. I don't think I've ever had that much sodium in my life. (Gavin was clinging to daddy when they did the fire tricks)

First baby appt is next tuesday and I'm excited to get the thumbs up that all of this is real.Even though I'm totally pooching now.I lost a few lbs when I was sick this weekend and back to my starting weight so the other night AJ went to get pizza and I got one all to myself :) eh eh eh They will also give me THEIR guess at my due date.Oh I hope it's not more than a week off of what it is now! One of my sisters that's pregnant went to her appt and was told her due date is July 13, a day after my projected date!Gavin is a twin cousin, it would be SO cool if it happened again.If it does, then I'm going to start buying lottery tickets.
For christmas I got the COOLEST toy ever, my dad surprised me in Denver with a Canon 10.1 mp camera, and on top of that an extra big telephoto lens.TOO COOL.I juuuust have to figure out how to use it.Just put photoshop on my computer aaand I think you have to work for NASA to understand it, and I'm a computer nerd! (family-does he not look like Jill in the first pic??).Here are a few of my messy faced model I took around the house just so I could play with my toy.
10 comments:
I'm glad you are all feeling better. Very jealous of the photo shop... I want it so bad but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money until we actually have income! We will have to get together when you guys are all completely healed and rested.
too cute!! I am soooo happy all is getting well in the Maguire home, now i can stop stressing so much and relax! Cute gavin pictures...He has such a great mixture of both of you. :)
wow.....what a nightmare your holidays sounded like!! I am so sorry, but so relieved that you guys are feeling better, especially Gavin! How scary, I'm glad things are better and so glad for the priesthood! Gavin is such a cutie, Keegan came in and saw the pictures and says "He is SO big! I can't believe it!" lol....
Sorry about all the text messages...I have never been so worried about you/Gavin/AJ! I hope this is the worst you will ever have to endure...
We love you and are glad we got to see YOU! XO
he is getting so big! he is sooo cute
What a nice Dad! I don't think there is a better investment than a nice camera, especially when you have such a cute kid. He looks so grown-up. It's amazing how much they change. Glad you are feeling better.
I am happy to hear he is doing much better! Going to the hospital is no fun. I can't wait to hear how things go with the new baby!
oh man Kristy...what a wild holiday ride! I am glad Gavin is getting better!
The new camera sounds like SO much fun! I Can't wait to see all the pics!
love your new blog design...making me a little happy for spring!
Ahh that's just my wishful thinking that spring will be here soon *sigh*....
I'm so glad that you guys are on the mend. That sounded awful!
I love Gavin's cheese face. Lily is into that right now too. She loves the camera.
I'm jealous of your camera! I've really been getting into photography lately and am even taking a class. I'm really excited about it.
Hope your doctors appointment goes well.
Post a Comment