Let me start by saying AJ was safe from the list of 3,000 people that got cut from his company this week!Whew! Thank you for your thoughts and texts etc.! Aj was watching people at his station be escorted out the door as he's trying to focus on doing his morning show.We were definitely holding our breath.
Today AJ had me do a Fit Friday segment on his show, it was only a few minutes long just to get a feel for the idea, and immediately following it he got calls and emails. More than normal I should say, so it looks like we are going to have a friend of ours come over friday mornings and watch Gavin so I can go into the studio and do a real segment on there each week wahoo!When I know more details I will give you guys times and the link etc so you can listen online :) So you don't feel left out-I'll fill ya in on what we talked about. I briefly went over my fitness past (or lack thereof) and yo-yo dieting, gaining lots of baby weight, then eventually becoming a runner and then a personal trainer,just my overall success story.
How are those resolutions coming hmm?? My new year advice for everyone would be start from within-your home that is. Take inventory of what you have around you, in your cupboards, your fridge. If you don't buy it-guess what, you won't eat it! If you think the kids or the hubby will get mad for getting rid of the oreo or dorito stash-think of how mad you'll be when you're having to pay more for plus-size clothes for adults AND kids. Set yourself up for success by giving yourself, and your family,healthier options to choose from. Bottom line for weightloss is this- at the end of the day it's all about calories in vs. calories out (calories burned).
My tip today for maximizing the calorie burn in your workouts is INTERVAL TRAINING. Meaning, never ever get up on that treadmill, set it to your 'comfy' speed and wait until the timer hits 30 minutes. Constantly change it up.Use this idea with every form of cardio you do and you'll burn 3 times as many calories.
I'm going to be starting a completely seperate blog for this stuff, at AJ's request, where I'll be posting the listener emails and questions I get from doing the radio segment. I'll also update you with that link when I get it :)
Next topic-This week in Reality TV
Bachelor was really good. The akward moment of the night goes to-stephanie trying to kiss him.But their date was super cute where he surprised her by flying her daughter out on her birthday.But on the other hand it's sad that Stephanie is even MORE attached to Jason now and it would make him look like a bad guy if he cut her too soon.Meghan the drama queen looks 10 years older and needs to go next. Melissa and Jill should be last 2. Shannon should go next week for sure, weirdo.SO happy with his decision to not give Natalie a rose! That would be so hard to be put on the spot I'd probably just give a rose to them and kick them off the next week. I was mad when I saw the preview for next week and it 'eluded' to the fact that he had an overnight with that one chick, not jill or melissa thats all I care about.And she came home the next day in his clothes, I dont like her!I hope it was just the production guy messing with us viewers!
Idol San Fran-blehhhh! only 12 made it but the first 2 they showed shouldnt have made it.the last guy was really good and likeable.ffwd'd through most of it. One of the girls they showed a quick clip of that got through actually dated Dane Cook for 3 years.
Kentucky-The BEST so far. The bad were really bad, but the ones that made it were GREAT. No iffies. I loved the girl at the end's own written song she sang, her voice is great but her personality was really weird, don't know if she was trying too hard if it was just her all the time.
Biggest Loser-Frustrating this week.I mean seriously, Joelle got to stay??Yes Damien gets to see his fiance and they will work great as a team at home and be successful but he is missing out on winning a lot of money!Joelle doesn't deserve that shot over him!Oh she just chaps my hide. I like the green team, the sister that got to stay at the ranch makes me laugh, but why does she have to throw up after any type of physical activity!Do they have to show it all the time?? I think she just genuinely works her butt off though. Next week is gonna be a good one I can tell, since they already showed you that the bottom 2 are the 2 teenage boys.A hard pick!
This week my friend made me watch true beauty=truly lame. and I lost an hour of my life I will never get back.Horrible.last season.ever.But I never get to see this friend so it was OK I guess.
The inauguration?ehhh didn't watch it.Saw pieces.wooo.Go you.
We went to Jumpmania this week with my friend Shantai and Gavins boo Gigi (aka Jaidyn),we should be going atleast once a week since he's free for the next month and a half. I've never seen this kid so sweaty.


Ultrasound countdown: 19 more days!



9 comments:
SO glad to hear that AJ is safe at his job. That is such great news to hear. Been really thinking about you guys. That is so cool about the morning show on Fridays go you! I cant wait to hear more.
I feel the same way about inauguration, didn't watch it either...good for those who did.
Looks like Gavin had a blast at the jumpmania. He is so cute, and getting so big.
I cant wait to hear what your having!!! Congrats again! Miss ya!
Huge sigh of relief for you guys!!! And congrats on your radio debut and future career! How fun, you will get to go to work with AJ once a week!! Those jumpy places are so fun, that's where we had Carter's b-day party (I put pics up on my blog). Can't wait to hear what you're having!
That is so exciting about your radio segment. That will be fun. I tried to e-mail your pics of carseat cover but after waiting 20 min. for the pictures to upload, it gave me an error message when trying to send. I will try again later. Sorry.
That is so exciting about your radio segment. That will be fun. I tried to e-mail your pics of carseat cover but after waiting 20 min. for the pictures to upload, it gave me an error message when trying to send. I will try again later. Sorry.
How fun to do a segment on the radio!! I would love to get that info and hear everything you have to say! Gavin is so cute and is growing up so fast!
Hey! I don't actually know you but we have a ton of the same friends and Kristen ALWAYS talks about you! And we basically share a due date so that's cool. :) ANYWAY. lol. I just had to comment about your B.L. section. I totally agree with you on how much I hate Joelle. But she stayed on the show because all the girls convinced the guys to vote Damien off because he was a HUGE pervert. (I found Blaine and Dane's blogs and one of the wife's was explaining what happened after the episode aired). He must've been really bad if they wanted him off before Joelle...
Hurray for AJ (and you!) How exciting that you get to be on the radio, I can't wait to be able to listen online. And I'm totally for the interval training. I LOVE it and since I basically only have 20 minutes or so to run I think it makes a huge difference and I get the most out of my workout. Thank you for the tip!!!! Love ya!
I can't wait to hear what you are having!!! I love to interval train because I think i push myself harder because i know I have a break in a bit. Thats so awesome about your own little segment, can't wait to listen!!!
how frickin sweet! I can't wait to hear you on radio! No kidding, I bet that segment is going to be so popular! Also, can't wait for the new blog!
I was actually hoping you'd post some more on pregnancy workouts. I was at our little apartment gym this weekend and wondering if I was doing things "wrong". Are there any "off limits" excercises for prego people? (cause let me tell you, with all the belly weight, I think I am now done with regular squats!haha!) I need some new ideas!
Post a Comment