
Last weekend we had some good friends stay with us, the Walkers. They are High School sweethearts and AJ was actually on their first date with them, yep the 3 of them.Why does this not surprise me. We got out the rockband of course, why, because we know no other way of entertaining, watched Ghost Town (Loved it) and then Traitor (intense), even the Phantom of the Opera movie, which I hadn't seen yet, loved it, liked their voices better than the original.We bowled (I got a 117-that does NOT happen my friends), and our friends introduced us to the restaurant Ocean Zen which was the BEST food I had ever had. Ever.I ate LOTS of sushi, and for any of you that know me I HATE FISH but couldn't get enough of theirs.Yes I know I'm pregnant but it was so.good.And my dr said it's ok :) That's why I like her :) Now all I think about is eating there again...*sigh* conveniently we made a no eating out rule the following day....oh the pain....
While we rocked out the kids did this: Apparently we've learned Gavin has a touching problem haha busted.
IDOL started last night! YAY! What are your thoughts on new judge Kara? I like her.Don't know if she NEEDED to have a sing off with the bikini skank, but she had a valid point.I hope Bikini Skank (we will call BS eheheh) gets eaten ALIVE hollywood week when she is judged on her actual voice. Other people that stood out to me in Phoenix was the cute brunette High School girl that started the adopt a grandfriend program, sounded like macy gray (sp?) but prettier voice. The country sounding guy that worked on an oil rig-he was a cutie, liked his sound. Tattoo girl with pink hair sounded cool but hoping she's not another amanda (skunk girl) from a season or two ago. The boy from taylorsville UT was a cutie-pretty voice but will he stand out? Last but not least, the blind guy.His voice alone I don't love, but if he passes HW week he will definitely be a fan favorite. Tonight they go to Kansas City and I have my tivo ready! PS-David Cook and former Idol contestant Kimberly Caldwell split just before the holidays.Awww.
Other show thoughts-Bachelor: Gosh Jason is a cutie, and I'm glad that MOST of the girls this season seem to be a little classier than usual. I like Melissa a lot, probably because she's very likeable but also because I watched the show Becoming a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and she was on that and I liked her then.I also like the girl that got the first one on one date with him-where they got to have Robin Thicke sing to them by themselves at that concert hall-nice.Like her.The widow thats like 34 isn't easy on the eyes and should have gone home but I think she's staying for sympathy votes.And whats her face, the pudgy faced drama chick needs to g-o. I like the girl with the long dark hair, she got the first rose, but I think she might turn into a 'really good friend' because of how she's playing her cards with Jason.And the chick that knows alllll those little facts about him, weird. I'd be straight up weirded out.Jason also seems to be a kissing ho so far.But hey, I guess time is short.
Dancing with the Stars Maksim and Karina are shockingly engaged. The announcement came 6 months after she announced the split with sleezy moron Mario Lopez. Cute little fact-they are both Ukrainian.

YUMMY Tortilla Soup

- 2 cans low sodium chicken broth (14oz)
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 med-lrg chicken breasts cooked and cut up (grilled or boiled)
- 1 can corn
- 2 small cans (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chillies (if you have an option then choose a mild one, otherwise it has a kick to it)
- Optional-can of black beans, sliced avocados, tortilla strips
- Shredded cheese and sour cream to top
Dump everything in the pan, cook on medium and voila! It makes a lot and it's so good I ate all of it in 48 hours minus the one bowl AJ had. I calculated and the whole pot is no more than about 1500 calories, for the WHOLE thing.Well plus however much cheese and sour cream you use, but it's really light regardless.
Speaking of light food-did you watch Biggest Loser this week??Hello tear jerker. Joelle totally deserved the boot.Hopefully she switches a 180 after this.I know she could lose 180. I'm glad the 19 year old got to stay, I like him a lot.But holy cow the transformation the 63 year old guy has already had losing 80 something pounds?! Then when he said he went to the doctor and his diabetes was gone and blood work was great-that is just awesome, that's why I love this show.



6 comments:
as always...you crack me up!
There is a picture of me drinking from the syrup bottle...it was a little obsession of mine as well...but for some reason, my parents never moved the bottle from the bottom cabinet. :)
love Rock Band, and LOVE that recipe!
Yeah I bawled during Biggest Loser too!! CANT WAIT FOR MY ROCKBAND B-DAY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey cute mamma, thought that I would finally check in on you to see how you are doing. Looks like you are happy and that you have waaay to much time on your hands. I hope the pregnancy is going well, can't wait to see what you are having. Kael says hi to Gavin.
I just love catching up with all the shows and I love your little thought also. I am really excited about Idol....I just hope I can get into it as much as I did last year! I just LOVE David Archuleta!
I agree with the 'painter fam'...........grandma is moving her syrup stash....'way way up high'........... He is such a boy, I love it! Can't wait to tickle those cheeks and belly!
Mine or Gavins mom? heeheehee
Post a Comment