Tuesday, December 2, 2008

REPOST Christmas shopping tips....

I posted this last year and I thought I would repost it. I used most of these sites to buy inexpensive gifts last year and I had zero complaints about any of them! The $5 T-shirts I made on vistaprint.com turned out awesome! And the stamps on zazzle.com I made, my family members loved. Now they even personalize shoes!


Christmas shopping tips and ideas....
Now I don't know about all of you but three things I love are shopping online, saving time and saving a buck. I thought I would share some sites that are great for all three. Tis the season to be frugal!

Vistaprint.com-You can create a lot of personalized gifts on there, even get free stuff!But the coolest thing is for $5 you can upload a picture onto a shirt and put whatever saying you want on it. Don't be surprised if you see this under your tree from me :)

Zazzle.com-This site also personalizes a bunch of stuff but isn't as cheap as vistaprint. But what's great about this site is you can create your own stamps, perfect for grandparents or inlaws. It's really easy too. About $15 for a book of 20 stamps. (Don't use Stamps.com, they cost more and I tried to checkout and their security verification didn't pass on my computer-so you probably don't want to give them credit card info)

Wisedecor.com-A really cute idea, my sister tami has these around her house.They are phrases or words that are wall decals that look like they are painted on. They come pre-spaced and easy to apply.

Giftcertificates.com-You pick the amount, then the gift receiver gets to pick from hundreds of places to redeem it. Or you pick the place and the amount. I've both received and given a gift certificate from here, especially great for last minute shopping. You can even shop now and pick the date the email is sent.Or you can choose to have an actual card sent to them.

KodakGallery.com-Most of you know about this site but they have a lot more photo products I've noticed. I like them of all the picture sites I've tried so far. Enlarge a picture and give as a gift, 8x10's are $3.99, 16x20's are $17.99. Gift Idea: At kodak gallery you can buy a 3 pack of different colored leather bookmarks with a picture holder at the top for $7, put a picture in them and give with a good book . But skip buying the frames from that site, head to walmart for a cheap one instead. But if you're going to do any type of photobook go to Snapfish.com, they're cheaper there.

Magazines.com-Magazine subscriptions are a great cheap gift idea! They may not be able to get it on christmas day but just to know one is coming would be fun. On the left side of the page towards the bottom you can even search which magazines come with free gifts. My picks: Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, and Shape :)

COUPON CODES:
Fatwallet.com-The place for coupon codes and sales. They have tons of online stores you can search alphabetically and it lists their deals. You should go there first if you plan on shopping anywhere online anyway because you get a percentage back from your purchase by going to a site through theirs. They also have a forum where people write in about deals they have found.

Naughtycodes.com- (don't worry, it's rated G) they seriously have the longest list of stores I've seen, so check them out first for great online discount codes and printable coup's!

Freebies4mom-This woman has a blog I get emails from.I've ordered tons of free samples like kids dvd's, diapers, a free sippy cup, etc. She keeps tabs on all the sites and keeps you in the know about free stuff, coupons and online deals like right now you can get 30 FREE photo cards!Click here for the link.Conveniently I just ordered mine from walmart the day before I saw this, darnit!

Hope some of these help! I would love to hear any ideas/deals you guys have!! And if you need any other creative/cheap gift ideas, I'm your girl! :) Happy Shopping!

UPDATE-Elder Joseph B Wirthlin has passed away.Here's the link.

9 comments:

Jonathan and Shantai said...

hey another good site is http://www.retailmenot.com it has tons of on line codes

Brit and Drew said...

Thanks for the money saving blog link. It is great! Hope you are enjoying Mo. Are you going to be in Utah for Christmas?

knjfabela said...

Congrats!!! I just saw the counter. I hope you are feeling well.

the mind behind said...

Wow congrats!! Now we need a post to tell us more!

dixonfamily said...

Congrats!!! I thought that you might want another one sometime soon! That is so awesome! I hope you are feeling well. Hopefully I'll be joining you and Tara P in the next few months. I'm so excited for you guys!

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I hope you are feeling well. I finally just got over my morning sickness. I hope your doing good. I'm soooo excited and happy for you guys!!!

Melissa said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you guys! I hope you are feeling well.

Samye said...

So excited for you and your cute family!! You have to keep us updated on the pregnancy!