Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I guess I should do an official post....

I haven't really ANNOUNCED that I'm pregnant so I guess it's about time I did, even though everyone knows now thanks to the little ticker at the top, or through texts or email. Thanks for all of your kind words!I'm about 9 and a half weeks, so still a ways to go.I'm feeling pretty crappy most days but from stories of friends and familyI know I could be a lot worse!I don't have my first Dr. appointment until the end of this month, when I'm about 12 weeks which is weird. The coolest part is, not only is one of my best friends in Oregon due 2 weeks before me, but two of my sisters are due the SAME month as me-July-which happens to be my moms birthday month-and a busy one it will be for her! This is a guarantee-I will NOT be ballooning up to THIS again-(you guys better know I love you for posting this)

That ghost is ME if you couldn't tell, weighing in at a whopping 215 lbs just before going to the hospital to have Gavin.I made a lot of mistakes with my eating and lack of fitness level and after the pain I had getting the weight off will not be letting myself do that again. I have become a much healthier and fit person since then and value the work I put into being healthy.I don't care how big my belly gets (Gavin was 9lbs 4oz, I'm bound for big babies), but it's the rest of my body I have control over. The nausea has been kicking my butt so I have been doing little as far as running lately, but thanks to AJ buying us a treadmill I'm able to do 2miles a day, mostly walking. I think it's important to keep your muscle in tact while you're pregnant too-so I've slightly altered my weight routine, listening to my body and never overdoing it. Nothing ever sounds good to me to eat, and if it does I quickly make it (or drive through to get it)then can't stomach it the next day.Somehow I'm still able to put down 1800-2000 (mostly healthy)calories a day, and only having gained a pound in the last 2 months. I may sound like a priss, don't get me wrong I loved being pregnant with Gavin no matter how big I got, but buying maternity clothes in an Extra Large is never something that feels good. I plan on having a healthy and active pregnancy and a healthy happy baby. This is for you KRISTEN:
....And plan on getting back to the prebaby body a little sooner and a little easier than I did with Gavin :) After Gavin I went from 215, eventually down to a comfortable 135 in about 10 months. I never thought that maintaining would be so easy.If you get to your goal weight and fluctuate a couple pounds just by the site of a sweet treat then you got to your goal weight the wrong way.If you really train your body into good habits, maintenance is easy. So here we go, 30 more weeks, I will keep you all posted on anything exciting that happens.

13 comments:

o-town said...

congratulations! for sure keep you blog updated...especially if you find any nausea nixers! So far I've been living off Nilla Wafers and jolly ranchers. Nice, i know. :)

Lindsey said...

Congrats Kristy!! I was horribly sick until week 12 and then it instantly stopped. I hope the same thing will happen for you so that you will be done with that soon!

the mind behind said...

WooHoo! I'm so glad we're both in this 'condition'! It was almost 11 weeks to the moment that I started feeling better so I hope you're almost out of the woods. I'm quite impressed that you moved while so newly preggo. I can hardly do laundry! Thanks for the official post!!

The Walker clan said...

Hey prego...Congrats!!! I saw your old prego picture and thought you were there now!? I was going to be mad you didn't tell till you were nine months. So I'm glad your not that far along yet. Hey my second pregnancy went so fast. I think cause it's your preoccupied with another little one, and a busy one at that, that you don't realize it's been another week and then another week...then your in the hospital. Crazy! I'm excited for you!!!

Kristen M said...

lol. i'm so glad you posted the silver shimmery goodness picture. That was just an all around great month! I love that our clothes are all chillin' there under your feet....scandalous.

Kristen M said...

oh, and that way prego picture is great too, since it reminds me of when i first saw you...huge prego.

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

Yes, Kristin that just shows how much you loved me no matter how many chins I had :)

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

WHAT..you are pregnant?? Congrats. I am so happy for you! Guess what, so am I!! Can you believe it. And you look great now and I know you will look amazing during your pregnancy. Leave all those XXX pregnancy clothes to me! :)

Tracy said...

Congrats! I hope you start feeling better soon! Here's to me being in the same boat sometime in February! :)

thepainterfamily said...

don't kill me for saying this...but I don't think you look THAT huge in your prego pic!

I am REALLY REALLY looking forward to your pregnancy fitness tips! Sheesh, I was doing so well the first 16 or so weeks....the last 4 well...ummmm.

I remember this when I was pregnant with Zach (born in Jan) its just SO HARD to stay in control during all the holiday sweetness when you already feel fat and ugly!

"SURE, I'll take another piece of pumpkin AND pecan!" :)

knjfabela said...

How did you lose that much weight? I still have about 10-15lbs from Kaiya and I am dieing! I think you looked so cute pregnant and not big at all!

Erin S said...

You were such a cute prego, but I do remember thinking "wow, she is huge" the first time I saw you at church.....like I have room to talk, I was huge with Braden!! Hope you feel better soon!

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

Aww that's why you guys are my friends....But I'm still not gonna get that fat again.