Saturday, December 13, 2008

More bags etc.

I've been feeling well enough to work on some more bags and don't plan to stop! The zebra one was supposed to be for me originally buuuut due to interest of time and other's orders I had to give it up......


I hope everyone took advantage of the free snapfish books they were doing a few weeks ago.I just got mine this week and loved how it turned out! I just filled it with pictures of Gavin from 0-now.Flipping through it and seeing all the witto baby pictures makes me even more excited to have #2 :)
I love this time of year when all the Christmas cards pile in. I love getting to have pictures of all my friends all over the fridge. I'm getting mine out a handful at a time. I thought I'd be smart and order a bunch this year to send to everyone I'm thinking of but I forget how fun it is to buy postage for 75 cards!


Gavin got one of his Christmas presents early this year because he's getting so bored all the time that he's getting into stuff he shouldn't.We got this online for $29 (retails for $60)on Black Friday, best purchase ever for Gavin! We have a lot of space in our living room so it fits fine. We put a fitted sheet on top to make a fort for him yesterday and he loved it!

Cravings this week: My dads "Dog Cheese soup" just what he has called it ever since he started making it.A chicken/veggie soup with cheese and sour cream on top.I was dying for it the other day so my dad sent me the recipe to make it and yum talk about comfort food! Also been craving half of a ham sandwich with a little bar b q sauce on it (thanks to our friends the Tuttles who got us the best BBQ sauce ever-I want to put it on everything...)

Workout move I like this week-I don't know what you call it but it's a wide-stanced squat. I hold a dumbbell vertically with both hands between my legs, put my feet farther than hip width apart and point my toes out, then squat down about 12 times per set.(keep your back straight!) This really works your butt and glutes but works the inner thighs too, which helps be tough come delivery day :) When your belly gets too big to hold the dumbbell between your legs, you can grab 5lb weights, or if any, and hold them on your hips.It's also a good idea when you are in the third trimester to keep a chair by you for balance.

I'm looking for something easy and yummy, and christmas-y cute (doesn't have to be) but just something cool to bake for some friends out here-any ideas??Well and maybe I'd want a few for myself :).....

9 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Very cute bags. I personally like the brown one. But you do an amazing job on all the bags you do. sorry it took me hours to finally look at your blog, i was praying to the toilet a lot today! I wish i craved something yummy. I dont crave anything and everything sounds yucky. Maybe i will lose some weight. You should start an exercise group in your ward, share all your knowledge. Throw feelers out there and see who is interested. :) And of course my little gabina is cute. maybe now he wont be too curious and play in his jumpy thing so you can do more bags. love you!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

LOVE THE BAGS!!! I just made some burp cloths for my sis-in-law the other day, but totally forgot to get a pic of them. I made them very last minute, as in about 1/2 before the shower! Here's a quick and easy treat idea - peppermint bark. Take the white almond bark, melt it, add 1/2 tsp of almond extract. spread out on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Top with crushed candy canes. Chill until set, break into pieces, put in cute little bags and dish out!

Erin S said...

Such cute bags!! You are definetely a talented seamstress! Thanks for the Snapfish info too. And your Christmas card pic is so cute, Gavin is sooooo CUTE!! I second Jackie with the Peppermint Bark, yummy yummy.....or homemade toffee is easy too!

Katie said...

Cute bags! You are so talented! Hope you're feeling good!

Rebekah said...

If you run out of that sauce let me know, I know where we can get more!

thepainterfamily said...

your baby ticker is cracking me up...have you read it?

what CUTE bags. so very very talented!

keli b said...

I haven't been on the computer forever!! YOur prego congrats! I'm so excited for you!

The Gardners said...

I love me a good squat! Wait, that didn't come out right! Ha! I love the bags! So cute!

A really yummy and Christmas-y treat that I love to make is Peppermint Bark. There are tons of different recipes, including white choc, swirled milk and white choc (my fave) and you can use peppermints or thin mint type cookies. All yummy! I'm using thin mints this year! Can wait to taste test!

Miss you!

Lynzi and Sean said...

Your bags are so cute! I forgot to text you that I got your cute Christmas card...you and your cute little family are on my fridge. I am going to call you this weekend...I haven't talked to you for forever....