Jillian Michaels Tip of the DayNo Skipping Meals!
"Skip breakfast? Think again. Not hungry for dinner? Not so fast. Not only does skipping meals slow your metabolism but it can lead to overeating, because when you do eat, you're overly hungry. There are a ton of theories out there about when and how often you should eat to maximize your weight-loss results. Believe me, I've heard 'em all, and I'm here to give you the real skinny. When you're trying to get to your weight-loss goals, it is essential to maintain blood sugar levels to prevent energy crashes and appetite cravings that could throw you off course. In all my years of experience, I've found the most effective way to do this is to eat every four hours, without skipping a single meal or snack. The golden rule is never to let your daily calorie allowance fall below 1,200 if you are a woman and 1,500 if you are a man. Falling below these daily allowances can do real damage to your metabolism and result in excessive loss of lean muscle tissue. "
Bringin' Sexy Back....to the backside
Back Kick with Shoulder PressTargets shoulders, chest, triceps, abs, lower back, butt, hamstrings
-Stand on right leg, holding dumbbells at sides.
-Bend forward, kicking left heel behind you as you press dumbbells forward, keeping arms close to ears, until arms and body are parallel to floor. Hold for a breath.
-Return to start. Lower leg.
-Do 15 reps; switch sides. Repeat.
Some Booty Tips
Try Cardio...Add some hills to your usual power walk. Incline walking activates your glutes and hamstrings, plus it's easy on the knees. On a treadmill, set the incline to level 8, and walk at a pace of at least 3.5 mph for 30 minutes. Also try hiking, mountain biking, and climbing stairs.
...and Sculpting
Targets hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings, quads, and area just above the knee.Stand on left leg, 2 to 3 feet in front of chair, with right foot on seat behind you, leaving slight bend in right knee. Keeping hands by chin and chest up, bend left knee 90 degrees as right knee inches toward floor. Make sure left knee doesn't just past toes. Hold for 1 count. Return to start. Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat. Do 3 sets per side. Add some weights to make it harder.
Fake It-If you're extra curvy, minimize the size of your junk with pants or shorts that have longer, lower pockets. If you've got a flat butt, create an instant boost with smaller, higher pockets. That is SO me! I have no butt whatsoever, so I always get the jeans that back pockets have flaps or embellishments.Gotta pretend theres a little junk.... (And no, that's not me in the picture.)TOP 10 Workout Songs
(according to people who voted on fitnessmagazine.com)
1. Sexy back-Justin Timberlake
2. Aint no other man-Christina Aguilera
3.Fergalicious-Fergie
4.Girlfriend-Avril Lavigne
5. Maneater-Nelly Furtado
6.My Humps-Black Eyed Peas
7.Promiscuous-Nelly Furtado
8.This ain't a scene..-Fall Out Boy
9. It's Not Over-Daughtry
10.This is why I'm hot-Mims
They totally left out that Get Low song.....
The #1 Reason We Eat Too Much
"We use external cues, like there's no more food left, rather than internal cues, like feeling full, to tell us it's time to stop eating. So we're out of sync with our bodies. But also these outside, visual cues aren't reliable. For example, if you're relying on what you see, how will you know how much you've eaten once your plate is empty? The answer is you won't -- and as a result, you'll eat more. In one study I did with chicken wings, people whose plates were regularly cleared ate an average of seven wings -- and remembered eating four or five. But people whose chicken bones piled up on the plate ate an average of five wings, or 30 percent less, and they were fairly accurate at estimating how many they'd eaten. This is one reason it's so dangerous for us to eat straight out of a bag or carton. If you see the food in a bowl or on a plate, you'll eat less."-Brian Wansink, PhD, director of the Cornell University Food and Brand Lab in Ithaca, New York
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge-a lighter way! 63 calories/serving
Ingredients
2 cups canned pure pumpkin 1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Mix (the 18.3-oz. Family Size box)2 tbsp. Better 'n Peanut Butter, room temperature
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl; stir until smooth (do not add anything else). Spray a small baking pan (6 x 6 inches or 8 x 4 inches work best -- no larger!) with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Spoon 2 tbsp. of Better 'n Peanut Butter (room temperature) on top and use a knife to swirl peanut butter around. Cook for approximately 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool in fridge for a couple of hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve.
Serving Size: 1 piece (approx. 1.3 oz.) Calories: 63Fat: 1g Sodium: 56mg Carbs: 13.5g Fiber: 1gSugars: 9g Protein: 1g
Tagged
I've been tagged by my friend Bekah! So here are 132 things all about what Im wearing,listening to and looking at, the last bowel movement I had, and when I lost my first tooth...jk I only have to list 6 'unspectacular' quirks of mine.That was hard because everything about me is spectacular.or amazing. So I will try to dull it down a bit:
1.OPS, Other People's Smell.I've mentioned this in another blog post, that I hold my breath when passing close by people so I don't smell their 'smell'.Don't get me in a crowded room or I pass out.jk
2.I CANNOT stand the sound of velcro.It's like tickling wayyy inside my ears and I can't itch it.
3.I have a problem leaving EVERYTHING open.Drawers, cabinets, cupboards,doors...little reminders I've been places....
4.Smelling my hair...
5.Biting my cheeks (no not like biting your ear, biting the insides of my cheeks)
6. If for whatever reason I take gum out of my mouth, it does NOT go back in.I can't stick it to the top of my cup while I'm eating etc....ew.
Now I tag Ang, Kathy,Lynzi,Erin, Franco, and Jessi
DID YOU KNOW?
Of the more than $50 billion worth of diet products sold every year, almost $20 billion are spent on imitation fats and sugar substitutes
China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year. 25 million trees are chopped down to make 'em sticks
Your mouth produces 1 litre (1.8 pints) of saliva a day
Men loose about 40 hairs a day. Women loose about 70 hairs a day
The names of all the continents end with the letter they start with



7 comments:
Kristy... It's so good to see you. (Well... hear about you!) You know what I mean. You and your family look so good. I love the fitness tips you give. I definitely need to apply them to my life. I skip meals all the time. I dont eat breakfest, sometimes lunch and by the time I get home I most likely always over eat. NOT GOOD!
Can't wait to apply all the fun fitness tips. Only 4 weeks to go! Did I tell you that I love the diaper bag? It is soooooooooo adorable!
Love the random facts for the day!! Oh, and don't you just love Black Sharpies? Its amazing what you can do with one! :) That chocolate peanut butter looks yummy!! I love your tips, they are really helping out, I am almost back to my regular size!
As usual, very helpful and interesting post. You are so smart!!
Tara I prefer the word 'Genius' but I'll take a 'so smart'.....
Umm... it's a new Friday and I'm waiting for my "fit" info. You'd be so proud. I walked over 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday. Yeah, I was hoping this baby would come out. All I got were Shrek feet...
I LOVE all of your tips. You should re-name your blog....The Tip Master:) I also need some junk in my trunk! I am starting to lose weight and it is coming off in the wrong places:( Hopefully one day it will all even out! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment