Friday, May 9, 2008

Archuleta + Jazz+Susan G. Komen


So here's a cool little story for you..... Can I just say that my dad is the best networker ever.Yesterday David was here doing all his press stuff for idol, their 'going home' show, so he was all over the place.My sister that lives at gateway said the crowd was rediculous, people were lining up at 4am to see him at 10:30am.Anyway, he only came to 2 radio stations, a country one and a top 40, and a good friend of ours happens to be the boss at the country station. Our next door neighbor for the last 12 years grew up with President Uchtdorf in Germany and is good friends with him.Long story short, my dad talked to the Prophets secretary about David getting to meet President Monson and they called back an hr later saying it would be a great missionary opportunity, then our radio friend told david's idol/fox people when he came in that morning that he had been invited to the prophets box at the jazz game(how could they say no) BUT my dad would be the one to escort him eh eh eh since he set it all up, so David had to come to OUR box in order to go meet the prophet eh eh....Anyway my dad said the fox people wouldn't give David and President Monson alone time and recorded the whole thing so you may just see my dad introducing them to eachother next week on AI!He's exactly the same in person as he is on tv, looks, everything, so so cute.We got to chat with him for a few minutes then he was off.The dumb body guard said no pictures over and over but my mom and sister snapped a few anyway eh eh , that's why they aren't the best quality...While he was in our box he also got to meet the Lieutenant Governor and his wife (really really nice people), the VP of the Navajo Nation, and some really cool people like us :) BEST NIGHT EVER! On top of that the game was soooo close the entire time against the Lakers but we WON!Now only 3 more to go..........(here's David singing the national anthem)


Then this morning I got up and ran the Susan G Komen 5k at the Gateway.The traffic was worse there than at the jazz game!Sooo many people, thousands.I had to run it alone but I'm glad I got to because I turned down my music and was able to count my blessings as I saw these thousands of people with pink tags on their back with names of those who they have lost to Breast Cancer or are suffering through it now.As we ran through the finish line tons of people were lined up everywhere cheering so loud and they were blaring "You're still you" by Josh Groban over the speakers and I was trying to fight back the tears!They had a timer at the end just so you'd know your time but they didn't record it. It took me a little longer for this one, 29minutes, but I'm glad I was able to be a part of it.


6 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear the whole story......

Erin S said...

Seriously!!!! Oh my heck, that is awesome!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Your such a good blogger. I am glad you did the race! Franco got me an ipod and a thing that you strap around your arm for mothers day. I am excited to use it and start getting better at my walking so one day i will be running. :)

Zach 'n' Jack said...

wow, that is awesome! The race sounds soo cool, I'm glad you had such a neat experience. I can't wait to watch AI tonight and see what happened!

Olsen Family said...

Your blog is so fun to read. Good job on the race I did that race 2 years ago and i loved it!! Justin got accepted to USC dental school. southern california!!!

*Elle said...

Where are you Kristy?