


We had a good time, Aj and I actually got to go on dates!we saw ironman, which is sooooooooooooooooooooooo goooood, I can't wait for #2, and we saw the new Narnia, which was super long, totally different from the first one BUT pretty good.Gavin had a blast with Grandma/Grandpa Maguire and his great grandma and grandpa who live next door. Flying home was an experience but we made it!And as of now I don't want to even look at a plane for a long time.
Enough about that, onto more important stuff-our new american idol!Was anyone else as shocked as I was that David C won? And by 12 million votes??I wasn't surprised because I thought he had less talent, I think he's awesome,I'd buy his cd right now, but just how the show tuesday night went I thought for sure Archuleta was going to win, especially when all the judges say he's going to.But I agree with Simon, for the first time ever I didn't care who won, they are both equal in their awesomeness. I loved the show last night, finally it felt like 2 hrs of entertainment instead of an hr 58 min of putzing around then announcing the winner.
What I didn't love:The Donna Summers thing.I think that was the one with the so you think you can dance people, and all the idols did was walk around snapping their fingers back and forth.Amanda Overmeyer sure is a dancing queen.I also fast forwarded through Brooke's duet.I even fast forwarded through David cook and ZZ Top, who was booking all the old people?? And poor Jason castro didn't get any celebrity to sing with :( F'Fwd'ed through Bryan Adams.Didn't like all Ryans make up and eyeliner, and his really akward moment where he tries dancing with the SYTYCD people.Reuben Studdards appearance the night before,2 words my friend:Gastric Bypass.
What I loved: The part where David and David visited with Mike Meyers as the love guru.That movie looks funny, looking forward to it coming out. Also When the Davids sang together, that was awesome.But I really really really LOVED when David Archuletta came out to sing with One Republic ahhhhh I had to watch it a few times.Tivo is the BEST. Their Guitar hero commercials, sooo stinking cute.Carrie Underwoods performance, that girl has awesome legs and she knows it.
Now that the idol anxiety is gone, it's time for So You Think You Can Dance!!The show starts tonight, and I'm suuuper excited.I'm just gonna miss our SYTYCD parties over at Amy's house :(




5 comments:
I am bummed. I was sure my 140 votes would have pushed him into being crowned champion! Ugh. Today on Studio 5 they talked to his voice coach and he said rumor has it David A got the same record deal David C did and he should start recording sometime in Sept after the tour.
Finally, you posted! I was starting to wonder what happened to you. Love the slide show, you guys are a gorgeous family. Gavin is getting so big!! Wish you were gonna be here for all our parties!
Welcome back! I'll cruz your way soon. Look out!
Glad you had fun. I liked both Davids so I didn't really care who won either.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE..Come on we are in June now!!! :)
Post a Comment