Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We made it!

Wow it feels like I haven't posted in FOREVER...I will try to keep this as short of a novel update as possible :)

Saturday we dropped off our keys and left Oregon.I'd like to give a huge shout out to Richie and Kristen for your help saturday, if it weren't for you guys we would still be there packing and cleaning!And Derek and Dallas too for coming friday night, we are so grateful for all your help! It couldn't have been a better day to drive, sunny and 75...we had a little extra time while the guys loaded AJ's car onto the trailer, so Kristen and I took Clark and Gavin to the park one last time...
That day we only made it as far as Pendelton, only about 3.5 hours away because we were both falling asleep at the wheel from only 3 hrs of sleep the previous night.Sunday we drove alll dang day it felt like, left at 10am and got to slc at 9:30 at night.We made a lot of stops for Gavin and because the truck AJ was driving only made it 200 miles on one tank.And $100 per tank!ouch.But Gavin was soo good during the drive.Fussed maybe 30min the whole time.Then we get to slc all anxious to get to park City and go to sleep, then we are told to get a hotel in SLC because some of my sisters friends were staying at the house.Ohhh the bitterness I felt....so we stayed with our good texas friends at daybreak instead.Gavin was in HEAVEN.They have the coolest built in little play house that has an upstairs,just his size.We had to pull him out of it. We finally make it up to Park City and I was so excited it was also in the 70's up here, then the very next morning we get this:


Things I DIDN'T miss about Utah:

1-The drivers

2-Their pride, and I'm not talking like Texans have pride, I'm talking better than you pride

3-Bad radio

4-Sales tax

Things I am glad to be back for:

1-Dry air

2-Higher than 50mph speed limits

3-Pump your own gas


What do we do now that we're here you ask? I have NO idea. I will get back to you on that.

(Carly,David C,Kristy,Jason,Brooke,David A,Moesha)

I got to watch idol last night on Tivo, ohhh blessed be the name of the Tivo inventor....Mariah sCarey was the mentor this week, ugh, not a fan.I don't think I need to do any more idol updates because David Cook is the winner. Last night he performed "Always be my baby" and the judges flipped for it.It was awesome.Randy gave him a standing ovation and said he's the only one of the contestants ready to go out and make an album right now.I agree!I'd go to his concert right now!

He got emotional after the judges comments, I don't know if it was the nice things they said or if it had to do with his brother battling cancer right now.Supposedly he was to be in the audience watching with the assistance of some nurses but I couldn't tell.

Poor Poor Brooke Benetar, she's gotten prettier each week but her vocals aren't getting prettier.Poor girl also missed her sisters wedding last weekend because of idol.This week was kinda akward to watch her, Im thinking she might go home, or Moesha Mercado, I really really want her to go home.She's so blahhh.You know how I feel about Kristy Lee Cook but the stupid girl did ok last night so she's not going home dangit.You can tell Simon and Randy aren't fans of hers and I LOVE it. Little David Archuleta sang "When you Believe", the Whitney and Mariah duet from the Prince of Egypt movie and it was really good.He's good but he just sounds the same to me every week.He opened the show and set a pretty high bar, that is until David Cook sang. Carly did pretty good too but I don't think the judges care too much for her either.Jason Castro did his same old thing, I liked it but the judges didn't. My guess for the bottom 3 tonight is Moesha, Brooke, and Kristy.Hopefully Moesha goes home.

In other reality tv news,I watched dancing with the stars for the second time all season last night.The not-so-easy-on-the-eyes Priscilla Presley went home for anyone who cares,I don't, but what amazes me more than anything on that show is Marlee Matsin, who is COMPLETELY deaf.As in, can't hear the music, can't hear her partner telling her the steps, and she is So good!Last night she lost the beat a couple times but she is still just so amazing to me. I probably won't keep up with the show, maybe just to watch and see how she does.

I'm sitting here waiting for a nurse from my Dr's office in OR to call me back.Some of you remember a little migrain and sinus infection I had that made me worthless for a week, well it's back.So I told the nurse I was 'out of town' eh eh eh so they'd send something to the pharmacy out here...hope they send me something that works!

Did You Know: Tiger Woods had to have arthroscopic surgery on his knee and he did it here in park city.Cool huh.Even cooler is that the Dr is Kristen's uncle!That makes you famous Kristen :)

14 comments:

Erin S said...

Yay! You made it! I'm so glad that everything went well and Gavin was good for you. We miss you! Hope your nurse calls in some good drugs for you, you need to get better! And, you suck for moving. You need to come back and party with us one last time before Maria leaves too.

Maria said...

i love david cook...nuff said!

thepainterfamily said...

YEAH! Glad you are there! Sorry about the migrain stuff...hope your meds work! LOVE the updates! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Katie said...

Glad you guys made it back in one piece. I was so Happy that Kristy went home last night! Yeah. We'll get together soon little Miss Hot Mama. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. Try and get some rest.

Kristen M said...

Lol...funny that you mention Tiger Woods...the knee surgeon is MY UNCLE! Thomas Rosenberg. That makes me famous right?

Melissa said...

I'm glad you guys made it with no major happenings...but I am so sorry about your migrain and sinus thing, Yuck! That is no fun. Miss you!
Talk to you later!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I can't believe you are gone. Seriously, it's weird. Its like yesterday when I called you asking if you wanted to hang out at the park with a bunch of girls. I'll miss you a lot. I'm glad you made it safely there.

P.S Who the heck is TV digital?

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

I miss everyone out there so much!I don't know who the heck tv digital is, some spam thing, I don't know how to delete their comment.But hey, congratulations to me,I'm interesting.And so is the 489383948 other blogs they posted on.

Zach 'n' Jack said...

darn you for leaving! but I'm way glad you are there safe and sound and hurray that Gavin was good! But really - I would have been hugely ticked if my fam told me to get a hotel after driving all day! You are a good woman. I watched Am. Idol last night and almost cried because it made me think of you! Miss ya!

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

I almost cried too because I was so happy Kristy Lee went home!But I do miss you too :)

dixonfamily said...

I'm so glad you got there safely! I also watched some of Idol. I guess you guys have converted all of us. We miss you, and the sunbeams will miss you too. It was so weird on Sunday to look over in Primary and not see you. Primary just won't be the same!

*Elle said...

I'm so glad you are here! Call me!