Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Barfday

yay today was our big family 5k race/marathon/half we all participated in.Aaaaaccept for me and AJ.Thanks to Z'Tejas I've been food poisoned!I'm so upset.We went to pick up our race packets etc last night at the salt palace, then thought we'd treat ourselves to dinner at the gateway.The three times I've eaten at Z'Tejas I've never felt super great afterwards, so this time I really learned my lesson..we didn't get home until 10pm, Gavin didn't go to sleep til 11:45pm and we were supposed to leave the house at 5:30am....at 3:30 am I woke up in the worst pain and have been laying on the bathroom floor until now.I was crying forever!I think it was more because I missed this race with a bunch of family and some from out of town than actually being in pain.Sorry guys, great job! This is to emphasize my point that races have the best people watching, this guy RAN a 5k in this get up.(That's my sister and nephew)

Hopefully I have better news as the day progresses.Until then curse you Z'Tejas, CURSE you.I'm calling them today and kindly letting them know how unhappy I am with them...

6 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

oh Kristy I'm so sorry!! That is awful! But happy birthday anyway - I hope the day gets better!! Love ya!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Oh Kristy we missed you. Hope you got your birthday pic we texted you this morning from the race. Thanks for getting us all pumped and I am so sorry you felt yucky. There is another race in August at Daybreak at dusk..that would be fun! Happy Birthday.

dixonfamily said...

I am so sorry! What kind of birthday is it if you have food poisoning...and miss your family race on top of it! Maybe you would have broken your leg or something if you had done the 10k. Maybe you should just count your blessing that it was only food poisoning! LOL! I hope you feel better soon.

Rebekah said...

You poor thing, it sucks to be sick on your birthday! They better AT LEAST refund you money.

Erin S said...

Yucky! You should have just stayed here another week. Happy Birthday though! I'm sorry you were so sick. Hope you are feeling better!

Melissa said...

That is no fun! Sorry that you had a yucky birthday. Erin's right, you should have stayed another week or so....
I hope you feel better soon and are able to party more!