So for some reason I had an itch to race again while I was out here so I convinced my little sister Cindy to try her hand in her first 5k.We did the Rex Lee Run in Provo to support cancer.I'm thinking this is only 3.1 miles, how hard can it be? I thought my lungs were going to explode!I
haven't stepped foot outside on the pavement to run this whole week, just some on the tredmill.It was also FREEZING COLD.And Dark.And cold.And it was around lots of cheeezy provo-ites.My apologies to you BYU people but I could never live in Provo.Ever.I couldn't even stand driving through it when I'd go to and from Dixie.I was waiting for them to start the race with an opening prayer.But they definitely started the race on mormon standard time, late.This was probably my 4th or 5th time to even go to Provo so I had no idea what the course would be like.Conveniently the entire thing was either downhill or a stupid steep hill.But we ran the whole time!Took us 47minutes, which is funny because it took me 58min in OR to do the 10k, but we did it :)
So earlier this week my family left me home alone for 48 hours while they went to Colorado for a Microcredit Conference featuring the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner Mahammed Yunus, who's buddies with my dad.They flew on a private jet, partied like those noble peace prize people do I guess, then came home.All the while I'm here freaking out at every sound because I'm alone in this big house.Seriously, I'd have to go upstairs to get something and I'd turn on the light, ruuun up the stairs, turn off the light and ruuun back to my room and close the door.I'm a dork I know... (In the picture is my 18yr old sister cindy, then Muhammad, my mom, Cindy's 'love interest' Dallin (SO CUTE),then the 2 pilots, then in the front row are my niece and nephew Abbey and Chandler who my parents picked up from my sister in Denver to bring back here for fun.What a life....)
In Idol news,you all know that stripper David went home, but 'supposedly' record execs are trying to get a single written for him asap while he's still having his 15 min of fame.David H and David A were singled out early on in the competition by record execs for singles.I really hope David A keeps improving after last weeks disaster.I realllly wanted Kristy to go home!!Oh and the results show was sooo lame.They're getting better about making them more entertaining but still laaaame.Katherine McPhee bugs me, her song was dumb, and I liked the 'idea' of live callers being able to call in and ask any of the judges or contestants a question but they were reallly stupid questions.
I finally have a return date, AJ is coming out here this sat. then we all fly back together mon. after easter. Hope you can all survive until then ;)
8 years ago



6 comments:
Good job!! It probably was really hard too with the altitude change - if you haven't been running that high regularly it can be really tough to adjust - lack of oxygen can be tough! I'm with you on being a wimp; I get scared in my own house when Zach is gone at night. A private jet? What does your dad do?! Sounds like fun!
Ok, so I'm glad I'm not the only one afraid of my own house...
Good job on the run! How fun! Are you going to do the 1/2 marathon?? I hear its a fun one!
Hope you have fun! See you when you get back.
Go Krippy and Cindy. I'm impressed. It was cold. When are we getting together again? What's your schedule like?
COOL AGAIN! Probably that thin air in Provo! Running is an adjustment there! Still, SO COOL that you ran another 5k! I've GOTTA do that sometime! Also, I'm feeling you on being alone at night! Glad you made it through! :)
Dude you're nuts! JK, You are my hero. Maybe one of these days I will become a runner, and if I do, I will make sure I let everyone know it was because you inspired me...Can't wait till you get home. We gotta hang out when you do because I leave the week after that!
Well that does it!!
I'm running a Marathon, and to add insult to injury I'm chartering a plane next time I go to Brazil.
Post a Comment