Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oh it hurts...

Tonight the top 12 for idol sang on their new masssssive stage. But man it hurt so bad to hear David Archuletta do so bad...he started by messing up his lyrics and then never quite finding his pitch all the while flinging his arms in weird ways.....I don't think he'll go home though, too many people love him. I think that dumb country Kristy girl from Oregon will go home, taking all her sequins with her. Surprisingly my favorite performance was Amanda Skunk Overmyer.
Other random thoughts about tonights performances-Syesha is forgettable, don't care for her.Ramiele really is disappointing me, she's boring too.Michael Johns was eh tonight.Jason Castro is unique, but I want to see him do something less hippy-ish.David Cook I still like, thought he did good tonight.Ohh dirty dancing david hernandez just ruined his shot at ever winning, but he may just land a roll in the next high school musical. Whats-her face, the irish tattoo girl did really good too.

I need to backup to my flight here sunday night, as we landed the flight attendant guy said 'welcome to Salt Lake City, home of David Archuleta, everyone vote for him on idol" and lots of people clapped and cheered.ONLY in Utah.But yes I will admit, I joined in the clapping. That reminds me, why is it only in UTAH movie theaters everyone claps and makes comments outloud before, during and after the movie?Why can't I sit there and enjoy it without Chaz over in row 7 in his pink shirt with the collar popped shouting everytime Will Ferrell does a great lift in Blades of Glory?

I went to Hogle Zoo today with my sisters Angela and Katie.It was a perfect day for the zoo, it was soo nice outside, and Gavin loved all the animals.Katie deserves a 'bless her heart' award for just finding out she's 'surprisingly' 8 weeks pregnant with #3.Mind you, Katie is the one who had Gavins twin cousin Lily, which would make Lily and baby #3 20 months apart.But that's a month longer than there is between Spencer and Lily which are 19 months apart.All the while having an ovarian cyst the size of a grapefruit!
You have to look really close but the picture is of a monkey scratching his butt with a stick while flipping us off.What kind of zoo are they running there??Geesh.That's Lily in the background of the pic, Gavin's twin cousin.

Cousin Andrew, such a GOOD baby

Mommy and Gavin on the train

Here's to another beautiful day in Park City.....

6 comments:

Katie said...

I think my favorite was the blond girl playing the Piano. She's from Mesa. GO MESA! Yeah, Chad and I were pretty bummed about David A. Hopefully he'll do better.

I had fun at the zoo. We'll have to do it again.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Oh my gosh..poor David..i seriously had a tear in my eye for him. Poor kid. You could tell he just wanted to run and hide. It was pretty good tonight. I totally agree with what you said. I hope Ramiele or Kristy go home. Jason Castro just doesnt do it for me anymore. Kind of getting bored of his funky eye things and the way he sings! Anyway...had fun at the zoo. I will head up there on Thurs cause Franco goes to Seattle all day.

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Seriously?! I thought you weren't leaving for Utah until Thursday?! I am so confused..... Hey, here is a random fact for you; I used to live just barely down the street from the zoo. You know those crummy apartments you see as you come up Sunnyside right after Foothill? Those are the student apartments for the U!! Our former home - we had lots of fun times there. I actually watched Am. Idol last night! Mark it on your calendar.... And maybe your sister's cyst (grapefruit sized?! how does she feel about you saying that?) is just a 3rd ovary...... :-)

*Elle said...

I missed your invite! How long are you in town? I only have today....then I'm leaving town!?

*Elle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Elle said...

I'll call you guys later today!