This Saturday was a busy one. 9am I ran a 10k at Champoeg Park about 30 min south of me.It was gorgeous!The trail/path was right along the Willamette River, through lots and lots of trees.I made a last minute decision to go alone since none of us got sleep that night (compliments of Gavin,
he's anti sleeping) so I told AJ he could stay home. It was a crisp 46 degrees outside, I pull up behind a caravan of cars waiting to be told where to park in the grass one by one, and as it's my turn I stalled in AJ's car and a huge line had to wait behind me as I had to turn the car off and back on again.AWESOME. As I was waiting in line for my number and super cool shirt,I felt like I stood out
like a sore thumb for some reason, like the super preppy kid that goes to the Goth party.Seemed like a lot of people knew eachother.I saw a few people by themselves.Talk about some GOOD people watching, especially
out here in tree hugger country.I saw some interesting stretching moves, some even more interesting running outfits, and lots of people in spandex that SHOULDN'T be.
A huge group of people started gathering at the starting line about 5 minutes before it started.All the racers left at the same time, the marathoners, 10k, 5mile walkers, etc.So it was nice to have people all around you at different paces. I had heard several times not to bolt off the starting line, so I kept a really good pace the whole time. Never stopped running, which was my only goal I set for this whole thing.And not to fall on my face.
Here are my results!:Of 220 racers, I came in 105th with a time of 58:45, which is a 9 minute and 29 second mile. Of the 10 people in my age group I was 4th, and of the 124 women racers I was 42nd, woohoo!It's rediculous to me to imagine there are people that run 5.5 minute miles.As of now I have no desire to do any races longer than a 10k.But it was a lot of fun.The best part, was coming to the finish line and hearing my friend Kristen shout my name!YOU'RE THE BESTEST!She drove out and surprised me.What else was awesome is that she was able to get pictures!
I made the mistake of having too many layers on but I had pinned my # onto my hoodie and didn't want to stop and lose my momentum to take it off, so I dealt with it.Good thing because the white shirt I had on underneath was inside out.Tag hanging out the side, large print on the back of the neck, I'm awesome.But hey, could have been a lot worse, I made one lady aware that she had a toilet paper tail hanging out her black pants.I also saw another girl pass out at like mile 4.I watched her kind of fall over as I kept running.I THOUGHT about helping her, that's what counts.Im not that horrible of a person, she had a friend with her, geesh.
After the race I hurried home to shower then go to a shower, for the girl I teach sunbeams with.And would you be surprised I made her a bag??This one took a little long...not gonna lie...but she was worth it for putting up with me!
Her little gift set came with some burp cloths, a diapers/wipes holder, a silky blankie, and of course the diaper bag.The flower on the bag I drew, cut out and sewed on, I think that's what took up most of the extra time.Plus oddly enough I hate doing the handles the most, so I always put it off.Jackie got the cute little basket and filled the bag with lots of diapers and wipes.Thanks Jackie! :) Now it's time to start on the next bag on my scroll.....
Later that night a bunch of the girls got together at Rose's Deli to say farewell to our wonderful friend Tara who is moving to Houston this week :( We love you Tara and will miss you so so so much!(thats the side of Tara's cute blonde head to the left of me)
I'm off to pack for my trip to Utah in a few hours, buh bye for now!You better believe I will still have my novel idol update this week.You know I AM the 4th judge.(According to all my girlfriends who painfully have to read my commentary even though they all watch the show....)



6 comments:
So proud of you.
My friend put her underwear on backwards after the swimming portion of the Ironman triathalon. She did the biking & the 26.2 mile run like that.
Dang cute bag.
Have fun in UT.
You did great!! Good Job! And the bag is fantastic too!
I'm so proud of you Krippy. Way to go. YOU FREAKING ROCK! I have some guest passes at 24 hour fitness that you can use when you are visiting. When do you get here?
I must say I am very impressed! I have another friend that has started running marathons... I don't think I will be jumping on that bandwagon anytime soon. But good for you! Also... bag is super cute. Like I have said before, you make me want to get pregnant just so I can have one of your super cute bags.
You are like Super Woman!!! Good for you!! And cute bag, I envy your skills.
Kristy...you are SO cool for running that race! Seriously, those were some awesome stats...pretty impressive! And that bag is SO CUTE! (maybe the best one yet) dang... I had a lot of fun at the "last hurrah"...I will miss you guys more than you know! luv - t
Post a Comment