Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Idol Guys...GO HOME LUKEY PUKEY!

Sorry I took so long Katie!It was 80's night and last night was great for the guys!

Well, minus the first singer, Luke (Puke) Meynard.Through his nose and an octive too high he sang wake me up before you go go ...exactly what he's gonna be doing on Thursday.go go going home.They all told embarassing moments before they performed and most of them were pretty dumb.Lukes was being forced to dress up in a tutu by his older sister when he was 8.I think last night's performance topped his embarassing moments.BUH BYE LUKE.

Next up was the adorable David Archuletta, playing the piano and singing Phil Collin's "Another Day in Paradise" which he did great, not as good as last week but Simon even said he will be in the top 2, but he needs to get over the slow song stuff. I agree, I want to see him do something more fun.He also needs to stop licking his lips 100 times while he's singing, it's distracting.Get some chapstick.His embarassing moment was being at a charity event in another country, he had to sing a song in spanish but half way through his voice went out and his mom came up and finished it.Aww love at home.
Ok I love Danny's voice but I think he gets gayer every week.This week he sang a theatrical version of tainted love.And he had purple chunks in his hair which Paula told him to get rid of.His most embarassing moment was his friend tripping him down the stairs at a movie theater right infront of his 'crush' aka a 12yr old boy.Simon hated his song but it was good enough to make it to next week.
I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about David H but last night I really liked his version of Celine Dion's 'It's all coming back to me now'.The judges liked it too.He almost had me convinced he was straight.His most embarassing moment was when he had a professional photo shoot then having to redo it because he had a huge booger in his nose in all the shots.The drama with him this week was whether or not the Idol producers were gonna can him for being a stripper at a gay club prior to idol but he gets to stay.
Micheal sang "Don't you forget about me' from the Breakfast Club.Which was really good, he sounded just like the original but it was a little boring to me.Judges liked it, Simon said he has yet to connect to a song and have his 'moment'.Which is true.He hasn't really made anything 'his own'.His embarassing moment was when he was a Kangaroo rugby mascot and a bunch of guys jumped onto the field and beat the crap out of him infront of 20,000 people.Howd'ya like me now fellas I'm on Idol!
David Cook sang his own emo-ish version of Lionel Richie's song "Hello" and I loved it.Judges were all over it, Simon loved it, Randy thought it was genius and that dumb chick stuttering in the middle loved it too.She loves everyone.David's most embarassing moment was singing in a talent show and forgetting the second verse. Um that's all you got?

I officially think Jason Castro is a little weird, like not all there.Just from his interviews etc.His nasty embarassing moment was trying to tie his dreads back during a dinner date so it didn't crawl into his food then it breaks off in his hand...gag..cut that crap off your head!!He sang "Hallelujah", don't know the original singer, it was quiet through the whole song, I thought he was gonna come out big on some of the notes or do something cool.Afterwards I was thinking what the heck was that?And of course, the judges all thought it was super amazing.
Last and yes least, McCheezy, who sang "all the man/woman that I need" which is ironic because his most embarassing moment was realizing after using the same bathroom in HS forever the door was finally shut on it one day and it was the girls bathroom.He said that explained why no urinals.Judges were eh on it.
It's hard to tell who the second guy will be to go home, I'm hoping its McCheezy. Paula summed up the night with 2 words she said " phenom enal".Did anyone else watch?Have any other thoughts??Here's some Gavin yumminess for fun:

Gavin has started dressing, or I guess undressing himself.I couldn't get him to leave his shirt on.

2 comments:

Katie said...

My favorites where David Cook and Brooke too! I voted for David A. and Brooke. I recorded it and by the time David Cook performed it was past 10 and I couldn't vote anymore. I would have voted for David C too. I did down load David C. song. Yeah the embarressing moments were quite odd. How about the time Michelle was picking me up and I blew a kiss to her and grabbed my chichis only to see my neighbor and wife looking at me. (he was in the bishopric at the time too) I couldn't look him in the face for years... Or when I was at Christmas formal and hiked my dress up to get into the suburban and realized my slit went past my butt and my date got a nice shot of my granny underwear. Or delivering Lily and had to get on my hands and knees cause her heart rate was dropping and my huge A is in mid air for all to see. Come and get it!

When are you coming?

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

HAHA.That's how I know we are related.You make me so proud.