Monday, March 3, 2008

A weekend out...

This is to prove to all of you, and myself, that we DO get out of our socially challenged bubble.
We did a lot of 'firsts' this weekend.Aj's mom and grandma are here from Oklahoma and Arkansas so we ventured out a tiny bit.Stopped by the zoo, lived here over a yr and never been,and it wasn't crowded at all.Maybe because it was so friggin' cold!Then it rained.But Gavin loved it-check out the enthusiasm-->
Totally candid picture, we always stand around like this-->We also went to the Multnomah Falls for the first time.Helllooo so pretty. And again,soo cold.Stupid me thought that little sun thing would suffice but no, so I had to buy a $30 jacket/wearable marshmallow from the giftshop.Then we stopped at the CheeseCake Factory on the way back, never been, um YUM.Well we've had their dessert once in Vegas but never the food.I'm still hurting from all the food lodged in my intestines.Good thing it's not super close to us(within our 2 mi. radius bubble) or I'd need to start buying bigger clothes. I guess it's kind of smart for them that they don't have a kids menu, so we were forced to buy Gavin some sidedishes.But he just wanted to eat the straws.
Another first was AJ and I got to go running together, alone this weekend.It was fun. Then tried Hallstreet Grill in Beaverton.I thought it was OK, sorry Amy, didn't have the connection you did!I also conned AJ into letting us rent Sydney White (with Amanda Bynes), a chick flick for the first time. I thought it was really cute, I like her.Don't know HOW I got him to rent a non-war movie.Must be his meds.
Gavin got his first larger-than-life sized stuffed animal and I think he's in love. BTW the inflatable house he is in is his other favorite thing. Can I just profess my love for craigslist?
Can you say $20??I only have one of the houses up in our living room and the tunnel.You can't even get these online anymore, not that I could find.I'll get in it with him sometimes and play or read a book, love it.He also uses it as his getaway when he's gotten into something he knows he shouldn't.He'll take whatever it is he has and dash for his fort giggling.Ah to be a kid....

And for my last 'first', this Saturday is my first 10k, which I will be running alone....my plan A and plan B running partners now have injuries. Tanya Harding who??So please motivate me not to bail out!!We were supposed to leave for Utah this weekend, we still might, but if not I MUST do it!
PS-My 'moment' of the week-Apppparently a rudabega isn't an RV, as AJ informed me of.

7 comments:

the mind behind said...

WOW! So fun! I miss the PacWest. All the green and wet. It must be because I'm away! You should run your little heart out! I so wish I could run....darn feet! I'll be back at it some day, but until then you need to pick up the slack and do it for me!!

Kristen M said...

um, hello. i'll be at the finish line holding a sign...so you better be running! I SO wish i could run it with you. :( darn knees.

p.s. love the pic of you ridin' the pony.

Zach 'n' Jack said...

WOO-HOO! That was my cheer for you running the 10k. You have to run it! It will be awesome! Plus, man, you look so GORGEOUS in all your pics. If I was a runner, I would run it with you....but Doc says WALKING only. Come on, its not like I can't breathe or anything.....oh wait. But really, I wish I could run it with you! Good luck, I am expecting a post of you with the prize!

Katie said...

You can do it Krippy! Can't wait for you to get your tooshie here to Utard. It will be fun to get the kiddos together.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Yea Krip! Proud to be your sister, although i share NONE of the same passions you do. Running??? Where the heck did that come from. GO YOU! Love the update..looks like you all are having a heck of a good time together *WINK*!

Lynzi and Sean said...

aww cute pictures Kroppy. I just tagged you...HA, you better be snappy with it! Love ya!!

Katie said...

I'm waiting for your American Idol update????