Aj was out of town saturday and sunday so it was just me and my little buddy. The first few months with Gavin were really tough but I'm starting to feel more like a mom than a machine. I think I will always feel like a little bit of a machine, but I feel like less of one now. I fall more in love with this little guy every day. One thing I could have done a lot better early on was starting a routine with Gavin. I'm not a routine person myself so it was hard for me to adapt to but now things are so much easier! Wish I would have listened the first time I heard that. Sunday was great because with the time change we got a whole extra hour. We played a little longer before church, I actually got to get ready without running around like a madwoman trying to get myself and the other two ready too..I had the bathroom all to myself so it wasn't hot and foggy while I'm trying to dry my hair and do my makeup as it's dripping off my face..an interesting little fact about the time change I recently found out is that Arizona doesn't participate in it, they never turn their clocks back or forward..I'm slow I know, old news... then Gavin was SO good at church, being tired and hungry he was so good. He lasted until the last 30 minutes and I had to leave early. Poor guy was so tired he made a little sigh as we were driving out the parking lot, then by the time we were at the light he was OUT. I mean out out, when I was getting him out of his carseat at home he has never felt heavier because it was solid dead weight. I didn't even get to change him out of his church clothes. We played with some of daddy's toys before he got home (his xbox controllers are a HUGE hit with Gavin but shhhh don't tell AJ there are slobbery sweet potato marks on them..)All in all it was a nice fun weekend with just the two of us but I'm always glad when daddy comes home....here's to another week!



8 years ago



5 comments:
He looks so dapper in his little white shirt and tie! I am glad that you had a great weekend with Gavin. I wish that I had been better at the beginning of my motherhood experience too. Like most hard things, it just takes time to figure out what we are doing, but you are doing awesome with your sweet little guy!
He is such a stud in his church clothes. I love the black and white photo.
He really is so yummy. Super cute pics.
the tie is adorable...i love little boys in ties!
He's such a stud!
Post a Comment