I've been swamped with the shoe stuff, but its ok I enjoy it, just using my time to sew instead of blog or take pictures of my kids...ahem.... I should be MIA even more in the coming months as I have stumbled into an open door and am working on leather baby boots/ski boots/snowboard boots/ to be sold at a resort in Park City.No pressure, but I'm reallllllly excited.Really, you don't even know.So if you are going to order some shoes/or a gift set please please try to give me a fair notice :) But you know I would never turn you away if something did come up last minute, I'd just talk about you behind your back.
Btw wasn't conference awesome? For a YW activity I went
HERE and downloaded a 100 day Book of Mormon reading program, sent them to a printer to be printed on pink cardstock and for $15 I cut out and made 4 4x5 booklets they can keep by their bed/backpack (I'm 1st counselor, and only have 3 miamaids I'm over), which included one for me so we could all start this together, even though I was reading on my own, I wasn't reading this much and this consistent.Ironically when I got home from that activity a few weeks ago and actually counted to what day would be the 100th, it was Christmas :) A sister of mine got on board too and after just a few weeks can I just say that my testimony has been strengthened in so many areas of my life, not to mention the blessings I'm witnessing being poured out upon me and my family, I'm just so glad I ran across this printout. At the end of the 100 days there is a page with one of my favorite quotes on it:
Does it end here or will you read today?Tomorrow?
"I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon
prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the
spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell
therein. The spirit of reverence will increase, mutual respect and consideration
for eachother will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will
counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more
responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will
increase. Faith, hope, charity-the pure love of Christ-will abound in our homes
and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness."
-President Marion G. Romney
So I encourage any of you who aren't on this program to start it and encourage others to start it. Each day on this program it gives you a great quote and a question about your reading to ponder. What a great thing to get involved in as we are getting closer to the Holidays. For Christmas I'm going to have a bunch of these made for family/friends but maybe have it bound differently than me cutting out 100pages and hole punching them and putting a ring in it :) Not the funnest.....and maybe attaching Elder Holland's talk from conference.And probably adding a page at the end to write the date the program has been started/completed each time.
That's about all that's going on here, sorry we aren't more exciting :) Cohen's getting chubbier and cuter and Gavin is getting smarter and...naughtier...*sigh* Atleast we finally found a time out method that works and that's going to a corner. Aj took him fishing last week and he caught his first fish!
I'm going to try to do shorter, but more frequent posts especially as the new shoe line gets going, which I'm calling TippyToez :). And for those that have asked, to order you just tell me what you want :) Price depends on what you want and how much I like you jk.I have the blog name taken but haven't gotten it going yet, just hanging on to it until I do.Until then it's just been just word of mouth! Here's a rough draft of the logo I'm playing with....

11 comments:
congrats on the shoe line-that's so exciting! and i love the B.O.M. reading idea-I'm totally going to do that!
THat is sooo cool with the whole shoe line...CONGRATS!!! Thats amazing Kristy!!! I am so on board with the whole Book Of Mormon reading. I'll let you know how it works out for our family here. Thanks for the website for it. I totally want a pair of cute shoes for my little man...Do you have a website or how do I place an order? Miss ya!
I love the pink mary janes!!! Just darling. You really are super talented.
Congrats on Tippy Toez!!! How awesome for you! I do still want to order a diaper bag from you. I can't remember what all you said you could make so could you give me a reminder when you have a chance? I'm not due til February 1st so I hope this is enough notice. - Tracy :)
Shoes are sooo cute! I LOVE the name and logo!
You are so talented!! I love your baby stuff, so cute. One day, celebrities will be wearing YOUR designs, I just know it.
I am so doing that BOM program. Thanks!
you seriously are a amazing super mom. Look at you and your shoe line, I love it. And I couldn't agree with you more on the scripture reading. I am also in YW and we are reading it like a book club. Once a month we get together for discuss the main characters and plot etc. its way fun and its kept me reading everyday. But we are following the seminary chart-it takes about 39 weeks to read it all. Aww the blessings we are getting:)
I love the logo! And one day when I have another baby I will definitely place an order :) I love that quote from President Romney, I used it to finish a talk I just gave in Sacrament about the scriptures. I learned some great things as I'm sure you are with your calling, so fun! Miss you tons!
Love it all Kristy!! Yes you are a talented woman is so many areas. Thanks for the BOM push. Franco reads atleast 5 pages a day now and our home is a happier place already!
I want shoes!! Layla needs some red shoes and some black ones and maybe some purple too... so please let me know $$ and such! So excited!
awesome Kristy! The shoes are adorable, and what a great thing to be able to sell them in park city! exciting!!!
Post a Comment