Saturday, June 13, 2009

Operation Belly Pic.

Sorry Facebookers you have to see this twice. So Rascal Flatts came to AJ's podunk hometown last night to one of the casino's there.Plus Joe Don is from a tiny town right next to where AJ grew up, they've chatted about it. AJ of course has a few hookups to concerts so we got meet and greet passes, VIP passes, blah blah blah.... When I found out we were getting the meet and greet passes I said my goal is to get a picture with them touching my belly.I was embarassed to ask but Gary and Joe Don were all for it, Jay didn't hear my requst, as you can see in the pic.So I grabbed his butt instead. :) jk, it just looks like I am...or am I???Their manager or whoever it was standing by thought it was really funny.We shook hands and were on our way after that.Btw Joe Don has the girliest weakest handshake ever.And Gary apparently needs sunglasses for camera flashes underneath a tent?Too bad we didn't get to hang in their tent, it was all catered with animal print table cloths everywhere, little topiaries and water features...... so this was an outdoor stage with just a huge field for everyone to put their chairs.the "VIP" area was just a fenced off area but they had free food and drinks.Niiice.The main problems-we got there at 5, Darius Rucker didn't go on until after 9...it had rained all morning and it was a huge muddy mess everywhere.We only had one chair and no where to put it.Swimming in humidity and 80+ degrees. And I have a bowling ball in my pelvis doing the running man.So what do we do?Leave before Darius gets done :) I got my picture, I've seen them in concert before, we were good.I told AJ he should have asked for a belly pic too but he didn't go for it.Grandma came and got Gavin wednesday and had him til we picked him up after the concert friday.Oh it was heaven.I set my alarm for 9:15 so I wouldn't waste my day and I couldn't stay in bed past 8.I tried and tried but I couldn't.AJ and I got to go to a movie for the first time in who knows how long, and for free, even better.We saw star trek.It was pretty good, I liked it.And I got more shoes done.You're gonna get sick of seeing these because I have a lot more to make:
I have promised myself I will make Cohen a pair at SOMETIME.But sometime may be after he's born....Which is in 4 weeks and counting....dun dun dun......

8 comments:

The Walker clan said...

What a great job your hubby has!!! Hey I had both my girls at 35 and 36 weeks...so don't be so sure your going to hang in there :) You look great!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Did you like Darius? His voice is unique but i have only heard one of his country songs.

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

I love his voice.He could sing any genre and sound good.He sang a few of his hootie songs in a country-ish style.I liked it.Don't know if I'd see a whole concert of it but I like him.

Karrie said...

LOL! love it! you kill me Kristy. I wish I had a belly pic with someone famous :)I've still got 4 days....

Maria said...

Sweet pic. Man if I could look as good as you pregnant I'd have another one! Those shoes are the cutest, I want a pair! Do they come in adult sizes??

AshlieM said...

That picture is awesome! Wow you are a lucky girl to get to meet them and go to all the concerts! Good luck with the last 4 weeks!

thepainterfamily said...

Shut up! That is the coolest belly pic I've seen! haha!

dixonfamily said...

That is AWESOME!!!! What fun pics!! Also, maybe you should just open up your own baby accessories shop!! Love the fun things you create and can't wait to see pics of baby Cohen!! Good luck!!