Friday, April 3, 2009

Nesting.

Diaper bags, tummy time pillows, magnet boards, now imitation robeez, I can't get enough of anything crafty lately.I'm also working on like 5 photo books from Artscow.com. Seriously, sign up and see all the free codes they put in your acct, hundreds of free prints etc.


But the shoes have to be the most fun thing to make so far.Real leather, and real suede on the bottom, mmmm my craft room smells so good!This experimental pair will be going to my sister Angela who is having a girl a month after me :) Wait til you see all the other colors and ideas I have! I may experiment with slippers too, oh the possibilities are endless.....Today we went in the studio again with AJ for another bring your family to work friday :) APPARENTLY the LOSERS across town at the other country station are now trying to do their own "what's ___ saying" (for those of you who don't know AJ plays what's Gavin Saying for prizes a few times a week and its a HUGE hit.Listeners approach AJ as 'gavins dad') Anyway we think it's totally lame so AJ called them out on it over the air today and let gavin share a few words. Gavin said 'it's poopy' and to 'stop it' it makes 'me sad'.Pretty funny. We also talked about my honking 'issue'.I like to use my horn when it's necessary(like on the way to the studio today some moron decides to STOP on the freeway on ramp and weenily wait for someone to 'let him in') but AJ is so anti honking I have to do the reachover and honk for him (ohhh he hates it and retaliates with a hand swat).Got lots of calls from women of course on my side :) Gavin chowin on graham crackers into the mic:
In other great news, we have my birthday trip finalized for this month!The weekend after my birthday we will be going to St. Louis for a birthday/ball game/temple trip.Aj's boss got us free tickets to the Cardinals/Cubs game Friday night(saved us over $300), then saturday it's temple date and hanging out at the sweet union station down there. I'm feelin some Houlihans......My dad upgraded our room at the Marriott attached to it so we should have some sweet pictures! I'll be 26, and it feels so weird...Aj's mom will be watching Gavin for those few days.Although I LOVE our dates, I really miss that little crazy boy when we're gone.

Aaand here's today's reason for the extra bath for the day: Yogurt.


I'm now 6 and a half months pregnant and time feels like it's going a lot slower now.Probably because I'm ready to be done TODAY.Other than growing at a rapid rate, I'm feeling great."Fluffy" but great :) On our to-do list this month is to turn Cohen's nursery from our office/treadmill/craft/ironing/storage room into an actual nursery and get the crib set up. I have not bought a single thing for him yet, the least I can do is make sure he's got a bed!I love how Gavin will ask to give baby Cohen kisses on my belly.Speaking of, Gavin quickly went from toddler bed to a twin bed and I LOVE it.He doesn't fall off and he will go lay in it when he's tired and is sleeping great!I also love being able to just lay by him and actually fit in his bed.Aw my little baby boy is growing up too fast.....

6 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

holy cow, I can't believe what a big dude Gavin is! in a big bed and everything?! Crazy!! He is so cute, I love that AJ has him on the show :-) So those shoes are INCREDIBLE!!!!! And I bet you just made up your own pattern, huh? You are so talented. I would love to hear how you did the tummy time pillows, those are so cute!!!!! Love ya lady!

Kristen M said...

'member how we had the ultimate birthday month last year?? i'm sad you won't be here with me this year! your shoes turned out really cute. and i love that gavin is a radio star at 2. what a cutie.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

yea..i am sooo excited. I just bought the cutest brown/pink outfit for Addi at carters yesterday. Actually it was like 4 outfits..wahooo me for having a talented sister!!! I wish i could hear you and gavin on the radio..can AJ give you the clips so you can blog them?? Did you do a fit friday?? And you are beautiful prego..not fluffy and sooo excited you get to get away for a weekend...what i wouldnt do for some time without the toddler!!

Lynzi and Sean said...

I can't believe you are already 6 and a half months prego! holy cow time flies....and you have your name all picked out? Cohen - I love it! I miss ya, hope all is well!

The Walker clan said...

I wish I had the talent you have to be so crafty...sigh I still have so much to do on my girls "first year" scrapbooks. Congrats on the big boy bed...isn't it nice. We never got the toddler bed. Poor Kendra had to go straight for the twin but she passed with flying colors. Now the two girls share a room and it's so cute to hear them giggle together in the morning waking eachother up :)

Danielle Gorham said...

Love the shoes!!! It is so frustrating cuz Kinzley still doesn't even fit into a size 0, she definitely didn't inherit my feet! We'll have to have a craft day on these shoes! It may be my only chance to get shoes to stay on my kid!!