Here's a little update. Me and Gavin got home last night around 10ish.For those of you who asked, here's a little snippet of how our prior 24hours went. Monday night I was working on a bag for a friend until 3am.I hate being a procrastinator.If I can figure out how to get the pic off my phone I will upload it, it was really cute, and for her dog. So I crawl into bed at 3am and then Gavin decides he wants to wake up fussy every other hour until 6:45 when he decides he wants to be out of the porta crib he had been sleeping/crawling out of.
Go to the airport by 10am.Fly to Phoenix (gotta love Southwests no-such-thing-as-a-non-stop-flight) where Gavin did pretty good on the flight and I got to take his carseat with me.Then wait 2HOURS in Phoenix trying to entertain a tired little boy running around while I'm carrying the stroller, car seat, and large carry-on....I was so tired I was sick! Anyway, we were lucky enough to bring the carseat on the next flight too.Fly 2hours to Tulsa, Gavin slept about 1 hr, his only nap all day.Screamed the last 25 minutes.Get to Tulsa where AJ's mom picks us up.Drive an hr and a half to Miami, Oklahoma to AJ's moms house.Gavin screamed last 20 min. I got my car and we drove an hour and 20min to our new house but about an hour of that drive Gavin screaaaaaamed and kept saying owwie and no no.I was in tears thinking of all the things that could be wrong with him but I couldn't stop on the side of the dark road, what could I do??So Aj met us at our exit with some gas medicine for Gavin and we followed him to our new house, where Gavin seemed a lot better.I think sitting hurt his tummy ache.But he has acted totally fine today, really whiny, but fine.It might be an age thing, plus some teeth coming in, plus he was constipated.
Our new house is so cute and nice!I will get some pics soon.I'm so sick of looking at boxes!We are a block away from a 'ymca' type place, and I saw my trail I told you all about that I was so excited to be so close to-it goes on forever and it's paved!I'm gonna get out there and try her out tomorrow. Our ward is less than a mile away.Buuuuut everything else is a little farther :) Cute little town, more new developments than old stuff here. We are the only occupied home on our street so anyone looking to move then come on out! We got gas today for $1.99 a gallon, even saw some places for $1.98.Nice. It feels weird to think we lived here for a year before.We aren't even close to where we lived before, that's probably why it feels so new, but I think I'm really gonna like it here.I was a little homesick yesterday but it's probably because I haven't made it feel like 'home' yet here.Give me about 20 more boxes and I'll get there :)
I think we missed the only trunk or treat we could have gone to tonight with a friends ward.Ours isn't doing one.I felt really bad for not taking Gavin in his little costume but I seriously couldn't lift another foot, not to mention I had a migrain.Poor Gabina! We won't be trick or treating in our empty neighborhood, so maybe I will just get some pictures of him in his costume with our friends kids.
Oh and a Penske update-AJ took the truck back today to the Penske place here and they knocked off half of the bill, so $500.Not as good as the whole thing but we'll take it.The guy was very apologetic, the first one, and gave us a card for a free truck rental within the city-so when we buy furniture etc we can use one of their trucks for free.I thought that was nice. I feel better now.
K off to bed at 10:15, I'm pooped!I will get some pictures tomorrow.
8 years ago



6 comments:
I am glad you made it safe! Gavin was a trooper after all that traveling and sitting still. I know how it feels to have "the" crying baby on the plane. Been there and Kaiya has done that! I can't wait for the pic's
I can't believe you are really gone! :( I wish I could have seen you before you left! I'm glad you made it there safe, but it sounds like traveling with a 2 year old isn't so fun (mental note for me). I will miss you and keep updating your blog so I can keep tabs on you!
We are so happy for you. We miss you but know its time to get going on your own. Tell AJ I am really proud of him.
ahhh so sorry you had a rough trip. I hate traveling with Andrew and ALL the stuff that goes with it. I am glad though you love your house. It will feel like home soon. Miss you already :( I wish the boys could have trick or treated together.
We have a trunk or treat tomorrow night at our ward if you guys want to come. I can't wait to see you guys, we will have to get together soon! Maybe we can help you unload some of those boxes.
WOW, what a crappy move. I'm so glad you made it out there, FINALLY!! Gavin is such a little trooper. MISS YA!
Post a Comment