Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm alive! And moving!

I will try and make this as short and sweet as possible. Aj got a job in Springfield, Missouri, yes this is where we lived when we first got married and lived there for a year. He will be working for a completely different company doing his own country morning show.It's another fly-by-night move by the Maguire's, he got back from the interview last saturday, then drove out there in my car this monday to look for houses to rent.He found the PERFECT one today!His official start date is Nov 10th but we will probably be out of here around oct 27th. Sunday the 26th 6pmish I'm having a 'get together' at mi casa for all who want to come and say bye! I'm really really excited.I'm not gonna lie, when I first heard we might be going back I wasn't too thrilled.But as I thought about it more I was able to see all the blessings from this and now I'm super excited. We have some great friends out there too awaiting our arrival.

Other than that, here's a little bit of what's been going on since I last blogged like 2 years ago. My last day at Jcrew was wednesday :( I loved it there!Coolest people ever, cutest clothes ever,and they're hiring fyi! It was so fun working and meeting new people but I realized I'd rather be with Gavin on his worst day than away from him and working.I'm just grateful I have the option.

A couple of us moms went to the Kangaroo zoo twice in the last month-it's such a cute place!Gavin loved it.It's full of different jumphouses with age limits on them.It was clean too.


I've been making bags as usual in my spare time, this one was for my neice Abbey, happy 9th bday Abbey D! I've changed the style I've been doing and now make my messengers smaller, unlike the luggage I was making before.This one is actually a school bag for her. Yes I know, you'll see the little pink crown on everything, that's because I have a big bag of them I got from Joanns and have nothing else to do with them. I want to get some cheap cards from vistaprint and start slipping a few in each bag I make but I feel like I have to come up with a name or something for my stuff, any ideas???
I felt like I was becoming high maintenance with my nails and hair all did' all the time, so in an effort to downsize I died my hair auburn-ish and popped off the acrylic nails.I'm diggin it!

Gavin has become a stripper.And a poo flinger.Luckily they have only been one poopball at a time.I had to go buy him more zip up footed jammies so he couldn't strip himself at night.One night I went in to check on him and he was passed out butt-naked. The day I took the picture below I had left the room for 2 minutes and came in to him de-pants'd and he had peed on the floor through the crib bars.He's such a boy!I can't wait til he does what my brothers did and pee in wicker trash cans in their room.Or worse.
Here's some random pics of Gavin enjoying daddies toys.

Since it is friday, here's a mini FIT FRIDAY for you:
"I want to get a law passed. It applies to all gyms and personal trainers. The mandate will state that any trainer who has his obese female client perform curls, calf raises, floor crunches, or seated machine exercises will be immediately deported. These are the worst exercises you can do to lose fat!
The most important training lesson you'll ever learn when seeking fat loss is this: exercises that recruit the most muscle mass burn fat fastest. Leg extensions are horrible, lunges are better, and a lunge with an overhead press is even better.

This same philosophy should be carried over to your energy systems training. Sitting on an exercise bike is inane, running outside is better, and squat thrusts are a much more effective fat-burning choice.

Bottom line: Single joint exercises are the worst fat-burners; compound exercises such as rows, presses and squats are better; total body movements are best."-Chad Waterbury

DUMBBELL LUNGE & PRESS

Target Muscles: quadriceps, anterior deltoid, biceps
Set Up: Standing upright with dumbbells at your side, step forward with your left leg into a lunge position (1). Be sure not to let your back knee touch the floor.
Action: From the lunge, transition into a standing posture by moving your right leg forward, placing your weight on your left leg. Simultaneously, curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders and (2) press them over your head while bringing your extended right leg in front of you. Repeat from the start (standing) position. Alternatively, you can try walking lunges.
Heirbloom Tomato Stackwith Buffalo Mozzarella
Ingredients:
• 3 assorted (red, orange, yellow) medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 –inch slices• 16 basil leaves• 4 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 1/3 –inches• 10 cherry tomatoes• Freshly ground four-blend pepper, to taste
Dressing:
• 1 1/2 oz olive oil• 1 1/2 oz balsamic vinegar• 1/2 tbsp Italian herbs• 1 tbsp French Honey Dijon Mustard• 1/4 cup chopped shallots
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. On two plates, place a slice of tomato on each and top with a slice of mozzarella and two basil leaves. Repeat twice. Finish with a cherry tomato on top. Garnish plates with four more cherry tomatoes, and remaining basil leaves
2. Place all dressing ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Drizzle dressing over tomato stack, top with freshly ground four-blend pepper and serve.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE:
Calories: 315Fat: 24 g
Protein: 21 gCarbs: 7 g
Makes 2 Servings

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

I know all of your friends out in Utah are going to miss you guys, but I am so excited that you are coming back to Missouri!!! If you need any help with the moving and unpacking Nathan and I would be more than happy to help you out. Where are you guys going to be living? What station is AJ working for? Could I possibly leave a longer comment with more questions? See you soon!

knjfabela said...

I saw your status on facebook and have been checking your blog out frequently so I could read the story. I am so glad that things are working out for you. I just love the picture of Gavin with no pants! Kaiya hasn't tried that yet and I am oh so thankful. I know it will happen sooner than later because she can now unzip her footed sleepers.

Rebekah said...

You living in Willard would actually be perfect... we live on the was north west side of Springfield! We are really close to the Willard ward borders, so it will be easy-peasy to get together. My number is 417-522-9355, call me when you get in so we can help you guys out and have our Partay.

keli b said...

good luck with the move!! and I totally love the new hair!!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Sad you are moving :( Even though the past few weeks you went MIA because you were so busy but still I knew you were just a drive away, what will I do now?? I hope once you move you will blog more because i will need daily updates of your live and of my little Gabina. Since i honestly can never see going to MO (missouri right?) I will miss you until you come back.

Katie said...

I'm sad you are leaving, but happy for the great oppurtunity for A.J. That is exciting. You guys will do great.

Can't wait for you to come over tomorrow and hang out.

The Fabela Family said...

I think your new auburn-ish hair color looks good. I'm so happy for your up coming move but sad at the same time. I was hoping I would get to see you at Thanksgiving time.:( At least I have the blog to look forward to. lol I have a cousin and her son would smear his poo all over the wall. Way cute bag!!

Melissa said...

Love the hair! I don't have any ideas for names though. Have you sold your stuff on etsy?? You need to if you haven't...let me know what you do. I want to get my hands on one of your bags!!!

thepainterfamily said...

KRISTY!!! first of all congrats on the great job news! and, of course I am TOTALLY BIASED, but I am SO EXCITED you are going to be in missouri! (especially because there is a chance..pray for us..that we will be there too in a few weeks!) ahhh! Did AJ think it looked different than the last time you were there? I honestly haven't been to springfield in a while, but my sister (who is going to school down there) keeps telling me how much it is changing! :) that's good! good luck with the move, and how nice that you will already know some peeps once you get there! congrats again!

The Rylanders said...

I am so happy for you guys! Sadly though I honestly have no idea where Springfield, MO is but it sounds nice! I am so glad that AJ was able to find a job and that you guys are going to settle down again. We miss you and you never know, maybe we'll have to add MO to our job hunt list :)

the mind behind said...

Congrats on the move! And I love the hair. And I love the bag. And I love poo stories! Ideas for your business...The Bag Lady or Crap Containers That Aren't Crappy. I'm sure I can think of more. I'll keep you posted!

Tara said...

Love the new hair color. It looks good on you. Good luck with the move to Missouri. I love the bag, it's so cute. I can't believe how big Gavin is getting. Such a little stud.