As you can see there are no pictures on this one...I'm kicking myself hard for not getting a single picture of our christmas airport fiasco.Reason #2 when I was uploading my pictures in Hawaii on my dads computer I left the cable in their hotel room so I can't get any pictures off of my camera.poop!I will post them later whenever I get my cord back...
Christmas day(yesterday) we got to the Honolulu airport at 10am with the intentions of flying to Oakland, then Oakland to PDX, getting us home about 9:30ish last night. Long story short, my sweet, loving, thoughtful father accidentally booked the flight to oakland on the 25th and the flight from Oakland to PDX on the 26th...and by the time we would get into oakland there were no more flights to Portland until today and Aj had to work afternoons today.
So we flew to Oakland, got in around 6:40pm, then took a $75 shuttle over the bay to the San Francisco airport to take a 10:15 flight to PDX.We get to the SFO airport and it's crowded.Turns out tons of the pilots maxed out their flying hours the previous day and couldn't legally fly so lots of flights were cancelled with the crew members just waiting and ready to go but no pilots to fly them.Ours wasn't cancelled but it did get pushed back from 10pm to 12:30 am.Gavin was not having it.He was beyond tired.Then we finally board the plane and turns out my dad booked us first class for our troubles :)aww thanks dad! Although had we been coach gavin would have had his own seat but this was well worth it.Did you know they put little flourescent 'priority' tags on your bags so they come out first?Awesome!
Gavin still wouldn't go to sleep even after we took off, usually that knocks him out.No no, instead he starts screaming bloody murder, as in the people in the back behind the little 'first class' curtain probably thought there was a serious beating going on up front.The first class flight attendant offers to hold him and play with him since we can't get up and do it.I said sure!!She showed him where the drinks are and let him play with the plastic cups.She was heaven sent for sure.Once we got to PDX Gavin, of course, passed out in the stroller.We got home around 3:30am-ish and lived happily ever after...the end....
That story was just to make all you haters out there feel better about our 9 days in Hawaii eh eh eh.Despite the traveling issues I would go back in a heartbeat!It was kind of a bittersweet return because I could have stayed out there much longer but it also feels good to be home.For now.
Today Gavin has taken his normal naps and went to bed at 7 on the dot like he did when we left.WHEW!I thought it was going to take weeks to get him back on track.
8 years ago



1 comment:
YAY you're back! I'm glad you had a good time, sorry about the flight though. I feel you there because I've flown with 2 kids all by myself...no details needed. We'll have to hang out soon! Merry late Christmas!
Post a Comment