Thursday, December 20, 2007

Aloha!

So I think I've found heaven on earth, but I'm surprised to find it covered in hello-kitty-stereotypical-asians.Some great people watching. The day starts with the sunrise right outside our window:

Today is day 4 here.The trip getting here was not an experience I'm looking forward to repeating, ever, but it was well worth it.We flew from PDX to Oakland which wasn't bad, Gavin had his own seat and it was a very quick hr and 20min flight. But the flight from Oakland to hawaii was packed, meaning we got to hold Gavin on our laps the ENTIRE time.We were in the window and middle seat and the guy on the isle seat slept the whole time.Stuck.But back to more pretty pictures :)

I must admit, I had a fear of stepping foot into the ocean thinking sharks were gonna come eat my legs off, but I was able to get through that and enjoy myself a bit :) It's so blue and so shallow you can walk out really far into the ocean and the water is still only waist high.It's really warm, and you'll be laying there in the sand with sun out and all the sudden it will start raining for a few minutes, then it's gone.There's some GREAT people watching on the beach. I sat there and watched a guy grab his surfboard and head out to the waves with a cigarette in his mouth.I'm surprised he didn't have a coffee in the other.We took Gavin to the pool for the FIRST time and I think he has mixed feelings about it. We brought a cute floatie Amy let us borrow and he would try and get out of it after a few minutes, then we'd hold him and he'd just seem bugged....soo we've only taken him to the pool twice.OHH the asians LOVE Gavin. I don't know what it is, just a fat white baby?His hair, his eyes?I cannot count how many of them have stopped and wanted to smile at him or touch him, we've even had a few "take pictcha' " of him, another one gave us the thumbs up and now Gavin's been doing thumbs up.How the heck did he catch on so quick??As far as vacation fitness, Kristen this is an update for you, I've been able to do SOMETHING everyday. First day it was a jog on the beach with Cindy and AJ, and the rest have been just hitting the gym here at the hotel, doing my 4 miles everyday but I haven't counted a single calorie!That doesn't mean I'm stuffing hamburgers in my face, I'm just not counting to the t like I usually do :) Not to mention all the walking we do everyday.Sunsets here are a big deal, I don't know why??Everyone comes out to watch it, the beach and sidewalks are lined with people.So this is my update so far!Sorry it's so long, I was too lazy to make a big slideshow. I can't believe it's already thursday....I must go for now, Gavin just smacked into the sliding glass door, I guess they cleaned it a little too well.

3 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

oh man, how beautiful!!! Holy cow, you are HOT in your swim suit, sexy mama! I'm glad you are having so much fun, I'm kinda jealous over here in the howling wind and -0 temps :-) You guys look so cute in your little fam pic! Merry Christmas!

Kristen M said...

Krist! Ditto on the jealous part. I'm in snow too here in UT. Brrrr. Gym update: I went to 24 without you on Mon & Tues. I was planning to go Wed too, until I checked my flight info and realized we were flying out Wed morning instead of Thurs morning like I thought - a story for another time. Anyway, did some airport jogging on Wed, did some mall walking (carrying Jack - no stroller) yesterday. This morning I got my dad & Patrick to go to the Rec Center w/ me - did 3.5, then ran outta time. I felt like I could have kept going. My dad's gonna sign up at Gold's Gym & get them to let me come for while I'm here. Hopefully he gets that taken care of today. :)

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Love the pics Kris!! Looks beautiful. Wish i was there..you will have to check my blog as soon as i get time i will show you just how cold it is here. We went to PC on thursday and I swear got over a foot of snow...uggghhh. Enjoy Hawaii. Real life happens real fast..4 days now???