It's already Saturday?I don't know where this week went.So here's my fitness friday, on saturday:

Get in plank position with your hands on a 12- to 18-inch step (A). With your weight on your left arm, rotate your body while raising your right arm toward the ceiling (B). Return to plank position and step your right arm down to the right of the bench, then your left arm down to the left of the bench. Step back up, leading with your left arm. That's 1 rep. Do 2 sets of 8-10 reps.Ouch.Works entire core, shoulders, chest, back, and hips. I tried this on my bosu ball and it made it a lot harder!If you don't have either you can use a large couch pillow. To make it easier and be a weenie then do it on your knees.
Smart Choice: SPINACH Spinach is a top source of lipoic acid, an antioxidant that jump-starts production of appetite-taming leptin within the body's fat cells. Plus, researchers at Duke University found that lipoic acid obsorbs into cells' energy producing mitochondria, where it helps convert blood into sugar fuel. Eating 3 cups of spinach weekly canhelp women shed up to 5 percent of their weight while nearly doubling their energy.-First magazine, Sept, issue. I'm not one to grab a bowl of spinach and just eating it rabbit style, so here's a link to some spinach recipe's.
PLUS to learn how to cut 100 calories out of every meal click HERE. For example, one tip that I could REALLY use is to ask them to remove the chips or bread basket when going out to eat.I seriously eat the whole thing.Mmmm....Another helpful one is never to eat from the bag or box!Another prob of mine.Put chips, snacks, ice cream etc straight into a portion sized bowl or bag. *My own personal tip is if you have a problem going for seconds or just eating more than you should, grab some gum or brush your teeth, that always keeps me from eating again.
$Money saving tip$:Quick fix for broken cosmetics
So you dropped your powder and the compact is now a shattered powdery mess. To salvage, add 2 drops of rubbing alcohol to the crushed powder, then use a butter knife to smooth it back into shape. Let the makeup dry for 24 hrs before using it again. The alcohol will make the powder just pliable enough to press back into place. Money saved: $20 for a new compact.
So how did Halle Berry go from THIS post-baby body:
To THIS one 6 weeks later?:
She says she shed 20 post baby pounds by snacking on watermelon.The fruit acts as a diuretic, flushing bloat-causing fluid from the belly area. Plus, watermelon is rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that uses fat to function in the body. Yes the watermelon part is true but I highly doubt her eating watermelon alone made her lose the weight.My guess there was a personal chef, and trainer 24 hrs a day and a nanny involved.
Which one has less sugar??

It's Cheerios! Non-sugar coated Cheerios are low in sugar, fat and heart-healthy. Pour them in your bowl and avoid a potential sugar rush.
Cheerios: 0 grams of sugar in 1 cup. Raisin Bran: 19 grams of sugar in 1 cup.


It's Fruit by the Foot! Whenever you buy frozen or dried berries make sure to look for an ingredient list that contains one ingredient-strawberries. Strawberry Fruit by the Foot: 10 grams of sugar in 1 roll. Frozen strawberries: 70 grams of sugar in 1 cup.
And finally, here are some pics from the park and the zoo this week.It's been rediculously nice up here, staying in the 70's.Ahhh.



7 comments:
okay...you seriously need to have a blog dedicated to all things health/exercise oriented. you have so many good tips. i just joined a gym like 6 months ago and am started to get really into it, but you blow me out of the water! i love all your facts! keep 'em coming!!
are you living in park city?
Gavin looks sooooo big!!! I can't believe he is 1 1/2. I read some baby horoscope and Gavin and Braden are the same sign and I totally believe it cause Gavin was so crazy and big and Braden is following in his footsteps!! It won't be too long before I start taping everything shut and taking the knobs off the kitchen cabinets. Crazy boys!!!
I love all your facts, the are so helpful and I'm going to have to remember them when I go grocery shopping. And that spinach looks...yummy..not! Haha. I need to give you a call so we can chat about the whole personal trainer thing...I need something to keep me busy here!
http://www.perfectpullup.com/goo_opt/index2.php
That's a pretty cool link Franco.Especially the ab attachment.You can get me the set for my birthday.
sweet tips! But seriously...things like this are EXACTLY what confuses me about nutrition! Doesn't raisin bran have more fiber or something? Scary, because sometimes I think...crap...I don't know anything! hah!
thanks you so much for posting all these great ideas!! i love your blog
Post a Comment