Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Why bother to buy toys

Poor little Gavin has been running all over the house to keep entertained, little dinky toys don't do it for him anymore, atleast not longer than 5 minutes. So my sweet mom bought him some nice big toys she could have at her house when Gavin and the other babies come to visit. I can already tell after this experience that Christmas's to come are not going to be fun, these dumb toys are not easy to put together!The wheels had these small parts I had to put on and I thought I was going to throw it out the window before Gavin got to ride it, they would not go on! Then after bringing blood blisters to my thumbs, I looked at the instructions and realized they give you a little tool to help put them on.Who reads the instructions anyway? So I get these darn toys together and he looks at them then crawls straight over to the end table with all the magazines and rips up and plays (eats) with those for a while. Atleast he chose to rip up the magazine with the girls in skimpy outfits...(mini skirts, boots and low cut sweaters.....who's making up the styles these days, monkeys?I saw a mom at the store today in a sweater looking top and thin thin tights...thats it....she must have forgot her pants, poor girl....). So I've concluded buying any "toys" for him is useless.He's always going to grab for the spatula, paper, ironing board, sharp object, etc before any bright colored, loud noised, made-overseas-toy. They're all full of lead and give you cancer anyway.

We did finally get him to play with the walk along toy but he seemed to want to push it faster than his little feet could keep up. I was so proud how good he was all day today with his tooth coming in and his nose running a lot. I don't know if the runny nose goes with teething? I hope so, don't want him sick. The picture below is me with Emmy and Isabelle, my two buddies. I watched them while their moms went Christmas shopping and to the temple.They are so much fun, I've known their families for over 10 years.Gavin really loved watching their every move, he was so entertained. I could see how having siblings may be harder for me but at the same time more helpful too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that not ony are you domestic, but can handle working with tools as well. er... wait...

Katie said...

Hey can you email me some of the pics from last night? It was so fun to see you guys. Are we getting together tomorrow or Sunday?

By the way, I think I gained 10lbs yesterday...

thepainterfamily said...

looks like you guys are having a blast! enjoy your family and the rest of the holiday!